Smith72

Mariota Getting Comfortable With Atlanta Falcons

Great to hear Marcus has a chance to be the starter.  He's familiar with new Head Coach and his coaching scheme.

BBTECQFHE5HQXCJSXCEXQV5JJM.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Mariota spent the last two seasons with the Raiders as a backup to Derek Carr.

Really hoping everything comes together for MM here. It would be incredible for Oregon and us all to have two Duck great qbs in the NFL at the same time. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I’m a life long Falcons fan, this is where most of you should be thinking “bless his heart”, and you’d be right.  It’s not easy being a Falcons fan.  Yet, I’ll continue to pull for the old birds no matter what.  

On topic:  I wasn’t sad when Ryan left.  I wish him the best.  I was a bit sad that the Falcons signed MM.  Not because I don’t like MM or think he isn’t still a promising QB.  Exactly the opposite.  I don’t want to see him come to ATL and have his career completely ruined.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to see him get a solid chance to start again.  I just don’t think the Falcons are an ideal place or fair to him.  Hopefully I’m wrong and the Falcons turn it around with the help of MM.

By all accounts MM has been an outstanding person on and off the field.  He hasn’t lived up to expectations in the NFL, but it’s not bc he lacks talent.  You guys know better than I that he is extremely talented.  I think he has fallen short primarily bc of circumstances.  The most impactful being injuries and lack of coaching stability.  

I just hope the Falcons can field a team that gives him a chance.  Who knows, if he can stay healthy he might be just what the Falcons need.  

I don’t mean to be such a pessimist, it’s just that I’ve seen a similar scenario before when a kid that you all know named Joey Harrington came to the Falcons.  Of course Detroit messed his career up before he got to ATL, but ATL cemented his fall.  He was put into a terrible situation.  I hope I’m wrong and the Falcons afford MM every chance to succeed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1