Steven A

5 Star Oregon Target Doesn't Care About usc & ucla Leaving the Pac

11175800.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco athlete Matayo Uiagalelei took his final June official visit last weekend to Oregon and said the Ducks made a big impression.

Let's hope there are more recruits with this attitude....

“That won’t really impact my decision,” Uiagalelei said. “I honestly haven’t thought much about it. My goals are still the same, I want to try and go in to college, make an early impact and get to the League in 3-4 years.

“For USC, it probably helps them to play against better competition. I’m sure Oregon will be fine and Ohio State is still Ohio State. Location was never a factor for me, I’ll go anywhere, I’m just looking for the best all around fit.”

• Thumbs Up 4

Remember USC still has 2022 and 2023 in this conference as I suppose Oregon will have as well.

I assume most student athletes in football will have this thought. Who is going to get them closer to their goals?

The League is still not a guarantee for any 4* and 5* kid. Player development and teachers matter. Be careful who your teachers are.

This Oregon staff is loaded. Many of them boast a resume of player development. They are also developers of men. The culture at Oregon values upright men.

Conference alignment will be what it will be. Lanning's values will never change. Dudes real and that is what will shine in living rooms. That is what will turn families on to the UofO. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3