The Kamikaze Kid

The Big Pac Mountain Combined and Divided

After thinking things over, here is a plan that I think would be even better than just simply joining the BIG 10 or combining the PAC and Big 12. It would take the PAC, Big 12 and Mountain West and combine them together into two conferences.

Here are the conferences as they are now.

Big 12: Ok St, Baylor, ISU, KSU, KU, WV, TCU, TTU, Cinn, Hou, BYU, CFU

Pac 12: UW, WSU, UO, OSU, Cal, Stan, UU, CU, AU, ASU

Mountain West: USU, Air Force, BSU, Wyoming, CSU, NMU, SD St, Fresno St, Nev, SJ St, Hawai, UNLV

Here is one option of what this plan could look like:

New Conference A: OK st, Baylor, KU, TCU, TTU, Cinn, Hou, BYU, UW, UO, Stan, UU, CU, ASU, SD St, BSU, Fresno St, UNLV

New Conference B: ISU, KSU, WV, CFU, WSU, OSU, Cal, AU, USU, CSU, Air Force, Wyoming, NMU, Nev, SJ St, Hawaii

With this plan, the best sports schools align together. New Conference A has 18 teams with a presence in So Cal, Nor Cal, NW, Las Vegas, Phoenix, SLC, Denver, and Texas. Teams can stay within there geographical areas without traveling across the country. West Virginia and Central Florida may need to join somewhere else or stay.

This new conference would still be third place behind the expanded SEC and BIG but it would be much closer to them than just keeping the Pac or Big 12 as is and adding a few teams to them. I know some old time rivalries get axed for many schools but desperate times call for desperate measures.

• Like 1

Like your idea, I was trying to put something together in my little brain that you put together for me. Thanks.

Not sure something like this could ever happen but if all the haves on the west side of the Mississippi all jump into the east coast quagmire then you end up with very few footprints in the west.

Many of these 6 or 8 teams are hated by their neighbors which probably won’t turn on the games at all and small town college football could make a comeback if anyone would have the courage to televise those games. Probably not.

One thing for sure is if these super leagues do emerge, as it looks likely they will, the future of football is in the hands of very few people.

• Thumbs Up 1