McDuck

New T&F Assistant Named

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It’s pretty amazing to me that the biggest athletic event, in history, in any sport in the state of Oregon just happened and our results on the national stage have not kept up. We have the best facilities possibly in the world.

Hopefully a new staff can turn it around. I would think a quality track program would have jumped at the chance to steal some of the nations best that participated at the event and performed at these facilities. 

If we don’t accomplish this then I will wonder where our track program is headed. Hopefully Phil’s money was not wasted because Mullins did not look ahead. 

This is one sport that the Ducks should dominate no matter where we land because of football.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, Just Ducky said:

It’s pretty amazing to me that the biggest athletic event, in history, in any sport in the state of Oregon just happened and our results on the national stage have not kept up. We have the best facilities possibly in the world.

While watching the World Championships on TV, I thought the same. Hayward is the crown jewel of track & field in the U.S. There is no better facility. We should be able to recruit and bring in the best to compete here, long and short distances, along with the field events. Listening to the winners talk, they all love running on this fast track and partake in the "Hayward Magic." It's hard to see why we can' be more successful.

We need dynamic coaches that can go out recruit and close the deal. I hope these new coaches can achieve that. They need to follow the Lanning model of recruiting!

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck

This appears to be a good move.

• Thumbs Up 1

This one is big.

b7e63a76-3d86-4134-ab07-d6fd741a6dfb.siz
WWW.STATEPRESS.COM

Arizona State University's independent student-run news organization covering Tempe, Phoenix, Mesa and Glendale.