Pennsylvania Duck

Dillingham: Playing Quarterback is Definition of Extreme Ownership

This is what Dilly wants to see in his quarterback.

Photo-Mar-29-12-42-40-PM.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham offers thoughts on how to evaluate growth and development at the...

Great stuff, and something I saw Bo do as he finished the play and as he came to the line of scrimmage. If Ty and Butters can better develop this type of leadership between the snaps they too may become leaders of the Ducks.

The leadership doesn't just happen in the huddle is what Dilly is speaking too. A qb has to see the defense, but also know how each player should line up, and the dynamics each matchup is creating. 

One can call it ownership, but it is also extreme leadership. Every player should know the qb is in control and has high expectations. 

When a play is called the qb becomes the maestro, he sees every player, and knows how it should go while providing strong leadership. Some have skills and others also bring the vision and leadership needed. I look forward to seeing who has these traits which can come to fruition under Dilly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also wonder who is in this position on the defense? I know the center runs the O-line, but who are the leaders on the defense? What is Lanning idea on defensive leadership, ownership?