Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks Football Players Form Eugene NIL Collective

I didn't realize this collective was actually formed by the players in previous articles. They have a monthly goal of $50K. What do you think of this?

3VRMFEHLKJAZBGKZPYHTNYVKD4.JPG
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Eugene NIL Club launched Wednesday via YOKE, the same outlet that gained early adoption last year by college athletes...

I know they advertise it on Twitter pretty heavily...personally I have no intention of paying players directly. Through NIL many will blow by me in annual earnings, and I applaud them in that.  However, I'll continue to support them by exchanging my dollars for Oregon apparel and Nike goods and let Uncle Phil sort out how he wants to do it.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:46 AM, Wrathis said:

personally I have no intention of paying players directly

That is my concern also. I feel like it is money going into a bottomless pit, not knowing where/who/what the money goes for. I have no problems with players earning some cash, but the video makes it look like they're "begging" for it. More info should be given on how this NIL is administered, etc. Buying from Uncle Phil is a good alternative!

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck

I do have a problem with the players earning cash.  If you want to pay them as professionals, then pay the entire team.  Thats how it works in the NFL.  But the players should pay their own way through college including, transportation, housing, tuition, food, and all the rest.  They want paid like professional adults, then they can live like adults.  Professionals pay their own way through life.  

College football is now a professional sport; therefore, I will no longer purchase a single piece of merchandise.  I will cheer them on, maybe go to a game now and then, but in no way will I support professionals as if they are "amateur student athletes."  

I certainly have no beef with those of you who still call this an amateur sport and act accordingly.  Maybe I am in the minority in my belief that college football is dead.   Paid athletes are professional's period, and professionals do not play amateur sports.  

On 8/11/2022 at 9:15 AM, Pac10again said:

Maybe I am in the minority in my belief that college football is dead. 

College football is dead certainly as we have known it. There is just too much change going on all at once with NIL, realignment, TV ratings control, etc. It is painful thinking the "good old days" won't be around anymore.

• Salute 1