Joe F

Simulated 2023 Oregon Football Games

Have any of you been watching any of these simulated games on you tube?  They have Oregon playing all or most of our upcoming opponents teams for 2023.  

In looking at a few of them, something struck me as familiar.  They appear to be running MC"s offensive play calling.  Lots of runs for short yardage, lots of QB scrambles for short yards. 

I find myself wondering if the reason is because that's all the recent data they have on Oregon so that's what they are using?  I keep hoping for some explosive plays but none seem to be forthcoming.  Third and long and a RB runs between the tackles, 3 yards, a cloud of dust and give up the ball.  Who needs Deja Vu like that!  Yuck!!

I was thinking maybe I missed a few of those games that were exciting.  Please tell me someone has found a game that looks more like what we all are expecting.

The simulations are interesting, the play calling sucks!  IMHO of course.

3 weeks until the real thing.  Go Ducks!

I had actually watched parts of the simulated Oregon vs Georgia game. I don't think the developers are up to date on our new offense and just went with what is known from last year.  The simulated scoring is quite interesting and somewhat surprising. I am not going to tell the score or who wins in case you watch. If you're interested, here is the site for Oregon vs Georgia.

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck

On 8/11/2022 at 8:48 PM, Joe F said:

They appear to be running MC"s offensive play calling.  Lots of runs for short yardage, lots of QB scrambles for short yards. 

Yep.  20 - 25 runs by Nix made me stop watching!