Charles Fischer

The FishDuck Feed: Oregon Sports News and Articles for Saturday, August 13, 2022

Holy Crap!  I just counted up the articles posted yesterday in the main area of the forum below and there were THIRTY ONE of them!  (31!) There are so many more great articles out there than I realized and I want a place for them all, and yet have room for tons of conversation about the games/players/coaches when the season starts. 

I love what the Duck News Hunters are doing, and they are bringing us tons of content, and I want it all for everyone; a safe to post with room to discuss, along with a platform to hold the day's articles. This is the best Data Aggregator for Duck News than what I've seen in many years...31 articles in a day, and it is not even in football season yet!

So I am looking at having a Pinned Post each day for articles, (the FishDuck Feed) and then the main area below the Pinned Posts retained for the real discussion.  The Web Developer in England has some thorny tech issues to solve to make this happen in a more automated fashion. I was thinking about having one FishDuck Feed Pinned Post for an entire week and have the latest posts on top if the hard code of the site would accommodate it.  But I'm thinking now of doing it by the day after the short testing below I've done.

I think it would be cool to have one area to go to see the tons of articles that I can scroll through to see what I want to read.  Then when one makes me want to comment--I do it below in the main forum area as we normally would.

if you have feedback...email me charles@fishduck.com or reply below and THANKS to Moderators and the Duck News Hunters who give their time for the thousands who read here.

Kris Hutson_Courtesy of the Alamo Bowl.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

From our own Pravda...

850_5393.jpg?preset=large.socialmediaima
GODUCKS.COM

The Ducks held a scrimmage Saturday afternoon inside Autzen Stadium.

Keith Brown Daymon David Jube Scrimmage

Mr. FishDuck

Really good to see and can't wait...

yb_white_on_black_medium.jpg
WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

It feels like 2022 could be a year of breakouts for numerous players on the Oregon offense. Dont'e Thornton, Bryon Cardwell, Terrance Ferguson and Troy Franklin highlight some of the players fans are most excited to see in Kenny Dillingham's system.  One player that may have flown under the radar a bit is tight end Patrick Herbert.

Mr. FishDuck

jerry-mixon-oregon-visit-car.jpg
WWW.SI.COM

Taking a closer look at what the Ducks are getting in their newest commit.

Mr. FishDuck

OK...no commentary in the post above the link you are pasting, and no pictures; just post the article URL and the article box will appear in the post and that is all we need.  This way the post is smallest in order to allow for scrolling faster through them.  It is also much easier for the Duck News Hunters, as they don't have to put in a headline/title, as you are not starting a new thread, but responding to that day's FishDuck Feed post.

This could work well, as we would have MORE articles posted, but in their own area.  We would have the best collection of Duck News out there each day and it would be free.  Cool.

Mr. FishDuck

stream_1280x720x0_v2_3_0.jpg
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Pac-12 Networks football analyst Yogi Roth breaks down his top 6 Pac-12 non-conference games to watch for the 2022 season.

Mr. FishDuck

11230775.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks have a defensive line unit that features returning starters Brandon Dorlus and Popo Aumave from the last year, and both upperclassmen have expectations

Mr. FishDuck

10603695.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Jordon Riley transferred to Oregon with aspirations of contending for big things

Mr. FishDuck