Haywarduck

Who Is Going To Win The Butkus Award?

Last season Nakobe Dean pulled off winning the double. After winning the high school Butkus Award he then went on to win the college Butkus Award. The year after Nakobe Dean won the high school Butkus Justin Flowe won it.

We now have, arguably, the front runner to win the college Butkus award in Noah Sewell. Could Justin actually pull off what Nakobe Dean did, or will Noah win it?

It is exciting to think we have two guys who could win the award for the top LB in the country lining up to play for us this coming Saturday. What will it take for either to win?

The next award we need to see the program have somebody in the hunt for is the Biletnikoff award. Even our little brother up north has had a players win this, Mike Haas and Brandin Cooks, but we just haven't had the talent at reciever to be in the conversation, even though we have had elite qb's.

I have never been a fan of watching the recruiting rankings too closely, but seeing our players mentioned as elite once they get on campus does fire me up.

The National Title is the end goal, but programs also need to have talent at these positions. I look forward to seeing these awards and more in our programs near future, along with the Natty.

• Go Ducks! 1

This was posted on the FishDuck Feed last week. Ducks are represented by both Flowe and Sewell on the Butkus Awards Watchlist posted below.

GRIDIRONHEROICS.COM

The Dick Butkus Award released its watch list for Linebacker of the Year in college football. One name was noticeably absent from...

• Go Ducks! 1