amcdawg

Georgia Scouting Georgia

Hello Ducks,

As discussed on these boards one of the interesting points to the first game is the familiarity between Dan Lanning and UGA.  We know teams have a plethora of analysts who break down tape to find any patterns or tendencies.  So I found it interesting when Kirby said UGA has analysts breaking down UGA film, looking for tendencies on Dan Lanning.  Does he like to blitz in third and long, second and long, when they do blitz what % of the time is it the Mike? or the Mac? or the Jack?  Man or zone? 

I also find it interesting that Dan has to be doing the same type of self-reflection vs team reflection when watching tape on UGA's defense.     

As Kirby as said many times, ultimately it will come down to the players once the ball is kicked off.  I just find this intertwined relationship fascinating especially being game one.  If this were a year from now each side would have tape on each other without each other (is that phrase correct?, well you get it)

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Also don't forget that Brian McClendon is on your sideline and he's intimately familiar with our roster/players as well. Granted, I doubt to the same extent Lanning is familiar with Georgia, but all the same you still have an insider on your team that knows us fairly well...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/30/2022 at 4:51 PM, Wrathis said:

Also don't forget that Brian McClendon is on your sideline and he's intimately familiar with our roster/players as well. Granted, I doubt to the same extent Lanning is familiar with Georgia, but all the same you still have an insider on your team that knows us fairly well...

Good point

• Thumbs Up 1