JunkyardDawg

Don't Fret Too Much .... Ducks

Listen, I know yesterday was tough, but what you saw yesterday was a preview of what Dan Lanning wants the Ducks to be.  I truly believe he's the guy that can get you there, however it's a marathon not a sprint. 

Yesterday was just a nightmare matchup for a first year coach.  Kirby has built a self-sustaining, buzzsaw of a program. It's reload, not rebuild for the Dawgs. But that didn't happen in game one of Smart's tenure. It takes time. Time to change the mentality. Time to change the personnel.  Time to teach the system.

Kirby's mantra was, and still is, "Trust the Process", and if given the time I truly believe Coach Dan Lanning can take the lessons he learned from Kirby and implement them in Oregon to get you guys to the level of the program you saw yesterday. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 8

On 9/4/2022 at 8:38 AM, JunkyardDawg said:

Listen, I know yesterday was tough, but what you saw yesterday was a preview of what Dan Lanning wants the Ducks to be.  I truly believe he's the guy that can get you there, however it's a marathon not a sprint. 

Yesterday was just a nightmare matchup for a first year coach.  Kirby has built a self-sustaining, buzzsaw of a program. It's reload, not rebuild for the Dawgs. But that didn't happen in game one of Smart's tenure. It takes time. Time to change the mentality. Time to change the personnel.  Time to teach the system.

Kirby's mantra was, and still is, "Trust the Process", and if given the time I truly believe Coach Dan Lanning can take the lessons he learned from Kirby and implement them in Oregon to get you guys to the level of the program you saw yesterday. 

All that sounds great but with all that's happening with realignment, NIL and the portal Im not sure Lanning has the luxury of time that especially BIG and SEC teams have.  IF the Ducks are not careful we could be in the Mt West in 2 or 3 years.

I will add one other thing, Kirby has the luxury of recruiting his own backyard which is a hotbed for talent.

• Thumbs Up 1

From Rob Moseley:

"Final: Georgia 49, Oregon 3.

Probably gotta go back to 2009 for an opener that went like this for the Ducks.

That said: The last three times Oregon lost its opener - 2009, 2011, 2019 - the Ducks finished the year at the Rose Bowl.

This season has only just begun"

We know what took place at Bose St. in 2009.  That could have been a disaster for the whole year, but it wasn't.  I believe this coaching staff, this team will turn it around and make it a successful year.

We will not face a greater team this year in conference play than what we just faced against with this Georgia team.

On 9/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, NJDuck said:

We will not face a greater team this year in conference play than what we just faced against with this Georgia team.

I like this. I remember my prediction, Oregon wins, 17-13. What was I thinking? Georgia is beyond good. Utah and Florida came on later, neither of them would have touched Georgia either. Might have done better than 49-3, but Georgia would clobber them too.

Let's see that big improvement from week one to week 2. I don't know what that will show in Georgia vs. Samford but I expect a big leap in Oregon at home against EWU.