Charles Fischer

Coach Lanning Talks About the Running Backs and Injuries

My FishDuck Friends, this is an experiment because usually you get all these in a ton of articles...and now you will see the quotes right here!

On Jordan James’ performance…

We make a lot of those decisions going into the game based on situations and I think a lot of the situations you saw Jordan in were on fourth-and-shorts. He’s a big back that runs physical and is able to get tough yards, and we had some tough yard situations today where Jordan was able to go have some success.”

Do you have any injury updates…

Byron (Cardwell) was day-to-day throughout practice this past week and he tested himself wanting to be able to push on Thursday, he’s a warrior wanting to go to work. Came out wanting to go through warm-ups and I think it was still lingering, you could see he still wasn’t kind of 100%, didn’t want to jeopardize his health. In that situation if we ask Bryon to, I promise you he would’ve and that is a great example of his character and what he is willing to do for this team. With that being said, we don’t want to put our guys in a position where they are not going to be healthy.

Really the same thing for Justin (Flowe), if we had to push Justin and he was able to go through warm-ups today, he could’ve definitely contributed for us today and helped us. With that being said, the next guy up in both those situations, those guys prepare really hard, they earn their moments in practice, you earn the right to go play football with the way you practice and the next guy up in both those positions did a really good job. Seven [McGee] was able to go for us at times but we were in a lot of personnel groups that didn’t always put him on the field, and i think his unselfishness is a great example of Seven saying, ‘I don't care how we do it, I just want to win the game.’”  

Bucky Irving

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck