1Funduck

Apparently, Transfer QB's are a Good Thing

For the last 20+ years of my love affair with CFB, I haven't been much of a fan of transfer QB's. I prefer developing the diamonds in the ruff. But, it has become increasingly clear in recent years, and this year especially, that I am seriously out of tune. 7 teams in the PAC have transfer QB's lighting it up and it's making the PAC highly respectable. This makes me wonder, why weren't they utilized at their previous school?

Tyler Van Dyke is the case study for my argument. Last year he is lights out but this year he gets benched against Middle Tennessee???? Coaching is the problem. You don't have a world beater digress like that unless you shackle him. How long does he stay at THE U? Not long one would think. Bo Nix turns into an average QB under Auburns system, transfers into an offense, and OC that understands his strengths, and has a career day last Saturday???? Well, well, well....

To be sure, I prefer developing your own recruits. But, there is no denying a player being spurned by his former team but put in a system that identifies his strength and is willing to maximize their personnel. Mariø is stubborn, Van Dyke won't stay around unless Mariø adjusts. I'm guessing the system stays but Van Dyke doesn't.

Just sad....