Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks, Huskies, Cardinal, Bears to B1G? Not So Fast...

I had posted a short snippet from this article to another thread. However, just found the original article with much more detail.

Former Fox Sports president Bob Thompson (an Oregon alumn) offers his views, especially with CFB playoff expansion changing.

Report: Move to Big Ten Might Not Make Sense for Cal, Oregon, Stanford, Washington
Former Fox president explains to San Jose Mercury News reporter why those four schools are better off staying with Pac-12

Do you agree with his assessment or are you still interested in the B1G?

WWW.SI.COM

Former Fox president explains to San Jose Mercury News reporter why those four schools are better off staying with Pac-12

It is funny to me the B1G TEN picks and chooses when TV market and TV numbers matter.  The Ducks and Huskies have better actual TV numbers than half of the B1G TEN, but the numbers don't add up.  UW, Cal and Stanford have a TV market bigger than half of the B1G TEN, but the numbers don't add up.

Some articles have said UCLA/USC sports will be paying 10-20 mil more in travel expenses after joining the B1G TEN.  If they make 40 mil more per year, that extra 20 mil is worth it.  If 4 more Pac 12 teams are added, I suppose the extra cost goes down by half?  Not to mention, the number of sports USC/UCLA play and the B1G TEN don't or the other way around.  

Adding teams to the CFP doesn't close the financial gap between conferences.  If it is like the NCAA basketball tournament, it will actually widen the gap for the B1G TEN and SEC.  Extra teams mean extra money for those conferences.

Thompson also commented in relation to topic when asked about a Pac-!2 media deal...'Just get it done'

Is George K reading his comments?