NJDuck

CFP, Rose Bowl Still Negotiating Game's Role in Expanded Playoff

"Laura Farber, the chair of the Rose Bowl Management Committee, said the game would like to maintain its exclusive broadcast window on January 1 at 2 p.m. PT in years that it would also host a CFP semifinal, but the Rose Bowl hasn't heard back from the CFP in two weeks."

WWW.ESPN.COM

If the CFP is going to expand to 12 as early as 2024, everyone involved in the existing contract must agree to change the terms, and the CFP and the Rose Bowl are still negotiating the game's...

I don't think the Rose Bowl understands where they are at with college football.  I have never been a fan of the stadium, I think it just short of awful.  There are plenty of other bowl games that would be absolutely OK with getting into the CFP rotation.  None of them would have 90K seats.  5 have over 70K seats and another 6 with 65K or more.  Keep it on the westish coast with Las Vegas 65K or LA SoFi 70K.

I like how the Rose Bowl is like 3 hours every 3 years is not asking for much.  Well, it is when none of the other bowl games aren't asking for anything.  Plus, when they do go to 12 teams, you are likely more often than not to have only the 3rd best B1G TEN and 2nd best Pac 12.  Why should a crap matchup be given a prime-time slot?  If the Rose Bowl isn't careful, they will be left out.

On 11/10/2022 at 8:26 AM, Tandaian said:

If the Rose Bowl isn't careful, they will be left out.

Whoa Nelly is spinning in his grave at such blasphemy . . . although very true.