geoquack

Why can't the Pac-12 get its 2021 Football Schedule Finalized?

The other four Power 5 conferences have released their schedules.  The Pac-12 has not.  Is this just more evidence of incompetence at the league offices?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, geoquack said:

The other four Power 5 conferences have released their schedules.  The Pac-12 has not.  Is this just more evidence of incompetence at the league offices?

Yep, that's about right. 

1 hour ago, geoquack said:

Nailed it!

Baseball and Softball did not release a schedule until less than a month before the season started--pretty hard for planning with that nonsense....  So yeah, let's add it to the list:

--Incompetent bowl management
--Incompetent game scheduling  (nine versus eight at other conferences, thus a big disadvantage)
--Bloated expenses
--Incompetent Officials
--Incompetent television contracts
--A Network that has the wrong times for programming on a regular basis
--Delays in Scheduling

Anything I forgot?

Larry Scott_awfulannouncing.com_FP.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

And why is this guy still employed at the Pac-12 ??   And getting paid for months after he finally leaves ??  Could it be so he can pay off his loan that he received when he first started and never made a payment on ??  Why oh why do we still have to put up with him ??

Larry Scott_Video (2).jpg

The university presidents and officials responsible for hiring this guy, should quietly refrain from ever participating in any hiring decisions anywhere.

33 minutes ago, geoquack said:

should quietly refrain from ever participating in any hiring decisions anywhere.

Fortunately it looks like they are.

Can we vote for the next commissioner instead of University Presidents and Officials?  If so, my vote for the next Pac12 commissioner is Charles Fischer!  I believe Charles would do a much better job getting the Pac12 back to prominence.  He would do the opposite of this list he mentioned:

--Incompetent bowl management
--Incompetent game scheduling  (nine versus eight at other conferences, thus a big disadvantage)
--Bloated expenses
--Incompetent Officials
--Incompetent television contracts
--A Network that has the wrong times for programming on a regular basis
--Delays in Scheduling

* Instead Charles would bring back competency in handling bowl management

* He would change the in-conference games to 8 instead of 9 (this will help the Pac12 to be more competitive with the other conferences)

*Reverse the bloated expenses, move the central office out of SF and change it to Las Vegas.  Basketball/football championships are located there.  He would take a pay cut instead of the ridiculous amount of money our now, thank goodness soon to go away commissioner (I can't even say his name without leaving a bad taste in my mouth).

* He will give us a much better TV contracts/Better Network programing times for our conference.  Get the game time scheduling out in a timely manner.

Charles would go from campus to campus to spend time with the teams/ADs getting the pulse of the schools needs to make this a better conference!

I loved what Charles has done in creating/designing this site for all of us to enjoy!  He would do an outstanding job formulating the right people to get this conference back to prominence once again!

In Seriousness, I believe if the University Presidents would hire someone like Charles who has the fortitude, perseverance, ingenuity, integrity to do the what's right for this conference.  We would have a great commissioner that actually cares about the pulse of this conference that we could actually count on!  This is the kind of person they need to look for.

Thanks All.  Love this site and everyone that's involved!

Edited by NJDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NJDuck said:

If so, my vote for the next Pac12 commissioner is Charles Fischer!

You are very kind, and while I do not have the background and skills needed....I would certainly be able to cut a ton of cost, that is for sure.

Your post made my day--thanks!

giphy.gif

"...and everyone that's involved!"  Amen, as I love this community!

Mr. FishDuck

Charles would likely do a far superior job hiring subordinates to whom he could delegate responsibilities such as those!

Although he might prefer some venue such as Sisters, Oregon, to Las Vegas!

I'm on board!

Just now, woundedknees said:

he might prefer some venue such as Sisters, Oregon, to Las Vegas!

Make that Bend Oregon...for the local tasty IPA Craft Beers!  So many of them...although Eugene has some I like.

Mr. FishDuck