Charles Fischer

Why Mens Basketball Will Bounce Back?

Below is a great article about why Oregon is having problems, but it does not tell the full story.  Some Duck Buddies have pointed out to me how Will Richardson is NOT a point-guard, and does best when he has a point-guard and plays off of him.  (Like when Payton Prichard was here)  So Dana recruits a senior/sophomore point-guards in Jermaine Couisnard and Brennan Rigsby out of the portal, and both are hurt!

I would like to think that when they return--we will see the real Oregon Mens Basketball team step forward.  Your thoughts?

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Duck men's basketball team prepared and built a roster for a certain style of play, and now three games into the season, they continue to try and quickly

Thanks for Pennsylvania Duck and the Duck News Hunting team for finding these great articles!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I agree that the return of the injured guards will help a lot (and allow Richardson to play more off the ball). And while the team is struggling to shoot the ball, in my opinion their  defense is much improved over last year.  Hopefully the improved defense can carry the Ducks until injured players return. But Houston on Sunday is no joke!

Totally agree that when everyone is healthy the Ducks will be a powerful group. 

One question I have though for the time being is Will's left thumb? 

I thought I saw him taking off a rap on it during the first or second game? 

Thought he was flexing it and seeming to pull on it quite a bit during that game. 

I know getting the other guards back will be huge, but when Will is healthy and his confidence is high and he just takes what is available, he is a great floor general! 

It will be good to see them play against Houston Sunday and whomever they play in the PK tournament! 

This team is going to be explosive when everyone is back and healthy. 

Go Ducks!!!