Pennsylvania Duck

Cam McCormick: Return for 8th Season? Granted 9th Year Eligibility

The longest-tenured Oregon Duck may return for an eighth season.

He also acknowledged being granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA due to his torn right Achilles in 2021.

“I’m not totally keen on what my decision is going to be yet. I’m going to continue to enjoy this game with

my teammates and make the decision after the game. ... I couldn’t imagine doing nine.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

McCormick, who has nine catches for 64 yards and three touchdowns entering the Holiday Bowl, said he’s undecided about...

Wow! I don't think even any of the Deltas were around that long. Blutarsky might have had about six years in, but...........

• Haha 2

It seemed like the injury bug was seeking him out! It's a shame he had to go through all those serious injuries/rehabs. I give him a lot of credit for sticking around and finally having a good year. Not many players would've been willing to put in all that effort.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cam stated in another interview that the extended years allowed him to get a Masters Degree, but he is not keen on pursuing a Ph.D with the extra year!

Cam McCormick by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter (2).jpg

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

If Cam returns for another (8th!) season it kinda tells me he still holds out a lot of hope for a look-at by the pro scouts and an invite to the combine.  He really needs a full healthy season to have a chance, imo, to make a pro roster.  TE's are in high demand.  But they gotta be able to play.  I wish him all the good luck in the world.

Cam McCormick contemplating return to Oregon for eighth season

The Oregon native's persevere has been well documented. Serious injuries cost him his 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 seasons.

McCormick shocked many when he sought extra eligibility after suffering a torn achilles against Ohio State a season ago.

He received national recognition earlier this week when he became the recipient of this year's Capital One Orange Bowl-FWAA Courage Award.

McCormick will be on hand at the Orange Bowl on Dec. 30 to receive his award.

"I'm thinking about returning for year eight." A decision for the 2023 season will come after the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 28.

247SPORTS.COM

Cam McCormick contemplating return to Oregon for eighth season