idontrollonshobbas

Wasserman: Oregon is Recruiting Like an SEC School, and People Don’t Like It

In case you missed it, from The Athletic on 12/21

THEATHLETIC.COM

This is the new world we're living in. Either figure it out and win or complain about it and lose.

• Thumbs Up 1

We don't post pay-article sites.

Give us a summary?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/26/2022 at 11:52 AM, Charles Fischer said:

We don't post pay-article sites.

Give us summary?

Sorry, Charles. I only posted it because I was able to read it without an Athletic subscription so I  assumed that it wasn't paywalled....perhaps because it is nearly a week old now?

In any event, I am unable to delete it at this point, or I would.  My intentions were to follow protocol,  so I beg forgiveness.  A summary follows in case others are unable to access the article.  

Wasserman lists the Oregon signing day flips and last minute 5-star signings as an indication that Oregon is efforting to stay in the major leagues of college football, namely the NCAA blue bloods.

He cites Phil Knight's wealth as the main reason for this ability and likens our class to last year's Texas A&M class.  The schools we are afflicting include: Georgia, USC, Baylor, LSU, Texas, tOSU, Notre Dame, etc.

He further suggests that Dan Lanning's SEC experience provides him with the insight into what it takes to have a championship roster and he is using Oregon's (read: Phil Knight) resources to try and cultivate a championship team quickly.....following the path of the aforementioned Universities.

Hence, the scorn of the elites

Edited by idontrollonshobbas
brevity
  • Thumbs Up 1

I googled Oregon Recruiting Like SEC Team, the Wasserman article came up at the top. Clicked on it and was able to read entire article. Recommended read.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2022 at 2:47 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

In any event, I am unable to delete it at this point, or I would.  My intentions were to follow protocol,  so I beg forgiveness.

No sweat--none of us wear halos here, and I've made a few mistakes recently myself.  It was off-limits to me, but others can read it--so thanks for letting us know about it.

You have been a great OBD member--please keep posting!

• Salute 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/26/2022 at 2:54 PM, Charles Fischer said:

No sweat--none of us wear halos here, and I've made a few mistakes recently myself.  It was off-limits to me, but others can read it--so thanks for letting us know about it.

You have been a great OBD member--please keep posting!

I am grateful for the forum and appreciate the opportunity to contribute.  I will screw up again but it will always be in good faith.

• Thumbs Up 1