Pennsylvania Duck

A Dozen Ducks Football Records That Are Unlikely to be Broken

In the wake of LeBron James making history on Tuesday night by becoming the NBA’s all-time leading scorer, passing Hall-of-Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, we got to thinking here at Ducks Wire.

So, what are some records at the University of Oregon that might be unlikely to be broken in the future? Are there any feats that Duck football players have accomplished over the past century in Eugene that were so legendary that they will never be replicated?

This article is a fun read. I bet many of the record holders will be familiar to you and you may even have been at some of these games. I found some of these records amazing, especially in light of today's game.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

What are the records that will never be touched at Oregon? There are actually quite a few.

Actually, I could see many of these records being broken.  The ones that will be difficult to break are the career records by guys like Royce Freeman and Mariota - because it's rare that a star player stays all four years at the same school.  Generally if they have a huge impact in their first two years, they're gone.  But the single game marks?  Yeah, I see most of those falling.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's some great players and memories there, thanks.  One of my favorites was watching Barner slice through the USC defense for his 300+ rushing yards..  For "Tailback U." the record for single-game yardage is held by a Duck in their house.  I just love that.

• Great post! 1
  • Like 1