30Duck

Penei Sewell Could End Up With The Chargers

There is still no doubt that Sewell will be the first offensive lineman taken in the NFL Draft. But, the latest mock drafts have the teams picking skill-position players instead, giving the Chargers, with the 13th pick, a chance  to move up a few spots and reunite Sewell and Justin Herbert. From NBC Sports Northwest

See the source image

Nobody better to protect his blind-side!  Boy that would be cool, but I cannot imagine his sliding that far or the Chargers willing to give up so much to get a higher pick.

Hope I'm wrong!

Mr. FishDuck

Him sliding to 13 would be ridiculous... too low for how good he is at a key position (arguably the second- or third-most important spot on the field). Chargers fans should be delighted if that happens.

Also, I've seen Slater from Northwestern going ahead of him in at least one mock draft, so it's not a slam dunk he's the first OL selected.

• Like 1

I expressed this desire a while back when the first mocks came out.

While it's a long shot, trading up for Sewell is a great long term investment. I say GO FOR IT!

3 hours ago, Ed O said:

Him sliding to 13 would be ridiculous... too low for how good he is at a key position (arguably the second- or third-most important spot on the field). Chargers fans should be delighted if that happens.

I'd argue third(QB, Pass Rushing DE), but it is mostly semantics. With that QB is the biggest gamble if you pull a franchise QB who stays healthy your team will continue to project well for the long term but you can also flop(Haskins, Rosen, Darnold, Manzel, Trubisky,). I'd argue elite Dline are the easiest to project in the draft and more teams should consider drafting them early than what currently happens. AS OT's I have a hard time believing someone as talented as Sewell drops to 13th, my guess is Cincinnati picks him up. As for the Chargers I think Slater is still a steal if they can get him at 13th. He is really good.

I think trading up for LAC is probably not going to be worth what they will have to give to get above Cincinnati, now if cincinnati decides to pick Slater or (heaven forbid) pick at another position outside of OL than I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up for sewell