Charles Fischer

It is ALWAYS Sunny and 75 Degrees at PK Park!

My friends, I am a big Oregon Baseball fan and love to listen to the pre-game coverage, and watch on live-stream.  In all the years I've been watching, (since they brought it back in 2009) I do not ever recall a game starting time being delayed because of a covering of snow on the field as we had today.

Rain.jpg

Now they are in a rain delay at the bottom of the 5th inning with Oregon leading 3-1, but WOW is it coming down!  It was blowing rain sideways, then hail, and even some snowflakes mixed in. Every home field has its own advantage, and we saw that already today as San Diego base runners slid into a base, but with our turf.....slid past the base and our alert infielders stuck them with the tag---twice!

Gosh, the superb announcers for Oregon Baseball, Joey Mac and Jordan Brenner were promoting a line similar to what Don Essig says at Autzen, (It never rains in Autzen Stadium) but theirs appeared that much funnier today.

"It is ALWAYS sunny and 75 degrees at PK Park!"

It is always 75 degrees and sunny at PK Park.jpg

• Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

BTW....we have a stud relief pitcher up, Austin Anderson, who is from Roseburg--just as relief pitcher Matt Dallas is!  (below) We got a couple of scoreless innings the other day from Dallas, and we have two from Anderson thus far today.

We love the in-state Oregon players!

Matt Dallas - Baseball - University of Oregon Athletics

Gotta love a guy with a Mullet!

Mr. FishDuck