Jon Joseph

Oregon Football - What Teams do the Best at Rockin' Out

The last member of the Lynyrd Skynyrd Band, Leonard himself, has passed away. RIP.

His passing got me thinking about the best rock-and-roll song adopted by college football teams. Here's my take in reverse order.

5. Virginia Tech - Enter Sandman - Metallica - This tune brings down the house when the Hokies enter the stadium.

4. Jump Around - House of Pain - The old stadium at Wisconsin rocks around itself when the fans jump around at the end of the 3rd quarter.

3. Shout - The Isley Brothers - Autzen Stadium also shakes its booty when this classic is played at the end of the 3rd quarter. Does anyone want to Gator?

2. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd - The fans at Alabama games love it when this song breaks out. 

1. I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Speaking of Gators, see above, Florida fans go nuts when Gainesville-born and raised Tom Petty sings this classic tune at the end of the 3rd quarter.

What says you Ducks fans? Have I hit the right notes or am I way off? 

On 3/6/2023 at 9:38 AM, Jon Joseph said:

1. I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Speaking of Gators, see above, Florida fans go nuts when Gainesville-born and raised Tom Petty sings this classic tune at the end of the 3rd quarter.

That makes me ill.  I LOVE Tom Petty, and am so sorry at his passing.  So much incredible music...now forever tainted knowing this!

Gators:  🤮

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/6/2023 at 1:19 PM, Charles Fischer said:

That makes me ill.  I LOVE Tom Petty, and am so sorry at his passing.  So much incredible music...now forever tainted knowing this!

Gators:  🤮

Gator hater. I agree. But the tune does tie in so well with CFB headed into the 4th quarter.

If Utah wins 1 game next season it best be the opener vs Florida; a team that will likely need a tutorial on how to lift the tray table and fasten a seat belt.

• Haha 1