NJDuck

Canzano: Mailbag Deals with Death of Coach, Pac-12, Larry Scott, Trail Blazers, and Bill Walton

On 3/25/2023 at 1:31 PM, NJDuck said:

Your questions, my answers.

Great post, thank you.

You never know the hour or the day. As a 76-year-old I read Jon's tribute to his baseball coach with great interest. I wish I had reached out to any number of my coaches before they passed. Not surprisingly all of the fine men who helped develop me as an athlete and a person are gone. If you have coaches that helped you who are still walking on this mortal coil do reach out.

I did chide Jon for earlier referencing Arizona president Robin Robert's interview with Dennis Dodd which Jon opined was approved by the conference. I expressed my opinion that the interview was scatological, and went out of its way to credit the B12 for jumping ahead of the Pac-10 with its media deal.

I also called out Roberts for the off-the-cuff and off-the-wall namedrop of Oregon having been invited to the B1G. Totally inaccurate information.

Jon's reply to me: University presidents often go out-of-bounds when in front of a microphone or when giving an interview that involves athletics.

In regards to FOX being in the new conference media deal mix?  I trust Jon's and John Canzano's sources and not the Denni Dodd-like rumor mill.

Thanks, again for the post. 

The last line of Canzano's article is great....

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck