Pennsylvania Duck

Endyia Rogers: Withdraws From WNBA Draft But Enters Transfer Portal

Endyia Rogers has withdrawn from the WNBA draft, but whether the all-Pac-12 guard is returning to Oregon is still to be determined.

Rogers, who entered the draft last week following Oregon’s loss to Washington in the WNIT quarterfinals, announced in a video on TikTok that she’s withdrawn from the draft and will use her final season of college eligibility.

“I just withdrew my name and so that means that I’m coming back to school,” Rogers said. “But there are decisions still to be made with that. I’ve been having to face that situation but I haven’t really had too much time to think on it because I’ve been out with my family and friends and been having fun trying to enjoy life.”

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Endyia Rogers has withdrawn from the WNBA draft, but whether the all-Pac-12 guard is returning to Oregon is still to be determined.

I don't know how to read tea leaves, but...

Yeah, smells like Kim Mulkey is drumming up the NIL for her

Oregon women’s basketball guard Endyia Rogers enters transfer portal

Oregon’s best player is not returning to the program.

Endyia Rogers, who withdrew from the WNBA draft early this week, entered the transfer portal on Saturday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Rogers led the Ducks in scoring (15.9 points) and assists (3.9) and averaged 4.6 rebounds while shooting 45.3% from the field, including 38.7% from three, in 35 games this season. Those were all career-bests other than assists.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Endyia Rogers, who withdrew from the WNBA draft early this week, entered the transfer portal on Saturday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Rogers and Prince were off to the WNBA, then not, and now not coming back to the Ducks. Pao Pao is in the portal. Along with the extensive losses of several 5 star players last year, there may indeed be a major issue with the program.

It's of interest that Prince is following a former Duck assistant back home to Texas and TCU. Has the appeal of Oregon been more with the staff than the coach at the top?

Maybe we were all spoiled by the Sabrina era, but it sure seems like things have slipped from those heady times.

Let's hope that the promising young players stay, and with the new recruits and a quality portal entry or two, Oregon will have a NCAA tournament level team next year. I'm not taking off my glass-half-full hat yet, but if one or two of those players bolt I'll need to reconsider.