Charles Fischer

20-7, ELEVEN Wins in a Row, Winning With Pitching?

Oregon is approaching a win streak that has only been done once before--back in 1964. What is amazing is how the Ducks averaged eleven runs a game for the ten wins straight, and then last night won it with pitching, as Oregon native (Roseburg) Jace Stoffal went seven innings and only allowed one hit.  Then our stud closer Josh Mollerus closed out the final four outs for no runs given up to the Beavers!

Oregon State is clearly in a rebuilding mode from last year, but has the talent to beat the Ducks, yet OBD has an opportunity to make some noise in the conference.  In 2021, the Ducks won the Civil War series, but last year the Beavers swept Oregon in all five games.

I'd like to think that sticks in the craw for the team...and to win when the opposing pitcher is having a great night is exciting.

I am not thrilled with Oregon trotting out tonight's starting pitcher, as he can be streaky.  I hope they pull the hook on him quickly if he is not sharp, since we have a deep bench of relievers to turn to. The Beavers have another great starting pitcher today, so our pitching has to match it!  Go Ducks!

Jace_Stoffal.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2

Mr. FishDuck