Pennsylvania Duck

2024 Football Recruits...Announcements, Updates (No. 3)

5-star DL puts Oregon Ducks among top schools

According to 247Sports, Breland is rated as the No. 25 overall player in the 2024 class, and the No. 4 DL. He plays at Mater Dei down in California, and is familiar with the lay of the land out on the west coast.

We will see in the coming months if Oregon can keep him close to home and bring him up to Eugene.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The No. 4 ranked DL in the 2024 class has Oregon among his top schools.

Four-Star DB Dakoda Fields breaks down his final seven 

Gardena (Calif.) Serra defensive back Dakoda Fields cut his list down to a final seven earlier today. 

247SPORTS.COM

Gardena (Calif.) Serra defensive back Dakoda Fields cut his list down to a final seven earlier today.

Oregon’s Attention Turns to Two Big-Time 2024 Recruits

Oregon's 2023 roster added two important pieces on Monday, landing commitments from former East Carolina offensive lineman Nishad Strother and former Colorado cornerback Nikko Reed. With the talented pair of transfers in the fold, the Oregon staff now turns their attention to a couple other recruits that are ready to make their commitments.

- QB MICHAEL VAN BUREN (BALTIMORE, MD)

Quarterback Michael Van Buren has moved up his commitment date.  After previously setting a commitment date of July 8, he will now commit on Saturday May 20.

- DL XADAVIEN SIMS (DURANT, OK)

Sims is set to announce his college commitment on Saturday May 20 and is the No. 1 player in Oklahoma for 2024. He took multiple trips to Eugene this spring and the Ducks have come on strong in that recruitment.

6d7b9fe1-af3c-4d2a-8845-a2373148e7c1

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article275471711.html#storylink=rss

• Like 1

Williams Nwaneri, Nation’s No. 1 DL, Locks in Official Visit to Oregon

2024 Lee's Summit (Mo.) High defensive lineman Williams Nwaneri has locked in five official visits. One of those trips will be to Oregon on September 23, according to 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong.

4c90f4df-10c5-475d-8b4b-d674cd97241a

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/article275474531.html#storylink=rss

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

Oregon offers emerging running back out of Chicago

The Ducks have extended an offer to an interesting running back prospect out of Chicago.

247SPORTS.COM

The Ducks have extended an offer to an interesting running back prospect out of Chicago.

Don't know if I should post this thought that just occurred to me now, but it seems like we don't see many recruits out of the Chicagoland area that are big time, it's always been a basketball hotbed, but it seems like I haven't really heard of that many big football guys coming out of there, could just be they all go Big 10 and I just don't pay them any mind. 

Does anybody have a sense why we don't see as many recruits coming out of here as you might expect for such a big metro area?

Oregon football becomes favorite to land 4-star DL Xadavien Sims

A few months ago, Oregon football became the latest Power Five program to extend an offer for Xadavien Sims and join the sweepstakes to land one of the top defensive linemen in the 2024 class.

It seemed like an offer that may have been too late considering Michigan State and Oklahoma had already developed a strong relationship with Sims, but the Ducks made his recent top five.

Oregon made the final cut for Sims along with TCU, Vanderbilt, Oklahoma, and Michigan State and now it looks like the Ducks are picking up some momentum here ahead of a decision date that the four-star lineman set for May 20.

On Wednesday, the crystal balls on 247Sports began rolling in for Oregon to land Sims. The most important crystal ball, however, was from director of recruiting, Steve Wiltfong. That’s the crystal ball that you really want to see as a fan.

It seems like Dan Lanning and Co. have taken the lead here.

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

A few months ago, Oregon football became the latest Power Five program to extend an offer for Xadavien Sims and join the sweepstakes to land one of the top...

Wiltfong generally has a pretty good feel for what is happening.

So over the past week, while recruiting predictions flooded in for 4-star DL Xadavien Sims to go to both the Oklahoma Sooners and the Oregon Ducks, Wiltfong’s prediction on Wednesday afternoon — a log for Dan Lanning and the Ducks — should give Oregon fans quite a bit of confidence.

Sims is rated by 247Sports as the No. 121 overall player in the 2024 class, and the No. 16 defensive lineman. He will announce his ultimate commitment on Saturday afternoon, the same day that 4-star QB Michael Van Buren announces — another player who is favored to go to the Ducks.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Big time prediction comes in for Oregon to land 4-star DL over Oklahoma Sooners

• Wow 1

Oregon offers new OL name in the 2024 recruiting class

The Ducks have offered a new name in the 2024 recruiting class along the offensive line.

The Oregon Ducks 2024 class is the top class in the Pac-12 and ranked nationally at No. 7 overall. The Ducks have gone off to a great start and part of that start has been securing multiple commitments at the offensive line position. The Ducks hold two commitments at the tackle positions and are now looking to add interior linemen to the mix. The Ducks offered a new name this week at the interior offensive line.

Oregon extended a scholarship to 2024 3-star offensive lineman Nate Kibble. The 6-foot-2, 324-pound prospect plays his prep football out of Atascocita high school in Humble, Texas. Kibble announced the scholarship offer over social media after the Oregon coaching staff made a recent stop through his area of Texas making evaluations. The Ducks are efforting to get Kibble up to campus and visit Eugene for an unofficial visit this coming summer ahead of the 2023 football season. 

247SPORTS.COM

The Ducks have offered a new name in the 2024 recruiting class along the offensive line.

No. 1 2024 TE Jaden Reddell puts Ducks in his top five

After Terrance Ferguson went down this spring, tight end immediately became a position that the Oregon Ducks need to recruit. Since then, true freshman Kenyon Sadiq has been impressive and a few days ago, the Ducks picked up TE Seydou Traore from Colorado. Still, tight end has remained a focus., and the Ducks still want to bring in high-end talent.

In the class 2024, the No. 1 TE in the country, Jaden Reddell has shown interest in Oregon. On Wednesday, he announced that he has narrowed his search to five schools, one of which is the Ducks.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The No. 1 TE in the 2024 class put the Ducks in their Top 5.

Oregon offers 2024 four-star WR out of Texas

Oregon's recruiting session continues to work in full motion as OC Will Stein offers four-star Ashton Bethel-Roman

Recruiting and offer season is in full bloom, and Oregon continues to make strides in Texas just one season after signing six prospects from the Lone Star State a season ago.

Oregon has emerged even more in Texas as former UTSA offensive coordinator and Lake Travis High School offensive coordinator Will Stein continues to use his connections and put the Ducks back into discussions.

Recently, Stein has offered four-star WR Ashton Bethel-Roman out of Ridge Point High School in Missouri City, Texas.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's recruiting session continues to work in full motion as OC Will Stein offers four-star Ashton Bethel-Roman

Miles Lockhart Entering Pivotal Stretch of Recruitment

When I first head of 2024 Chandler (Ariz.) Basha cornerback Miles Lockhart, I was curious to get the full story on what kind of player he was. I asked his head coach Chris McDonald, and he said he was just like Cole Martin, but a year younger.

His coverage ability, short area burst and overall athleticism have helped him earn 23 scholarship offers.

Now he's entering an important stretch of his recruitment as he eyes official visits.

"I have Ohio State the 23rd through the 25th of June," he told Ducks Digest at Basha's spring showcase. "I have Wisconsin the 15th through the 17th of June. I need to set up Oregon. And then I'm probably going to set one up to Texas A&M as well."

As his official visits start to come into focus, his feel for his top schools has also gotten clearer. "Those schools really are my top schools. Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, (Texas) A&M."

3b0c4a33-6928-4c8c-be63-38b3261ee75e

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article275571256.html#storylink=rss

4-star TE Puts Oregon in his top 5

For the second day in a row, a high-quality tight end prospect placed the Oregon Ducks among their top five schools. On Thursday, it was Ryner Swanson, the 19th-best tight end in the class of 2023, who expressed an interest in Oregon.

The Ducks’ star tight end in 2022 was Terrance Ferguson, but this spring, he went down with an injury that could keep him off the field for a while. Following Ferguson’s injury the Ducks have made multiple TE pickups in the transfer portal such as Kaden Ludwick from Colorado and Casey Kellyfrom Ole Miss

In the class of 2024, the No. 1 TE Jaden Reddell has shown a strong interest in the Ducks after putting them in his top five Wednesday. As players, Swanson and Reddell differ. One of Reddell’s biggest strengths is his speed, but one of Swanson’s is his size. Swanson often uses that size to both bring down contested catches and break tackles in the open field.

Swanson is a California native, but the only school in his home state that has extended him an offer is Stanford. Oregon is the only coastal school in his top five, and it is also one of the closer schools to his hometown. If those factors are selling points for Swanson, the Ducks could be closer to the top of that five than the bottom of it.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Top-20 TE prospect, Ryner Swanson, puts the Oregon Ducks in his top five schools.

For fun on where the Ducks currently rank in the 2024 recruiting class.  I'm not going to include USC or UCLA as next closest Pac 12 school, since they won't be with the Pac 12 in 2024.

ESPN #9, none ESPN only does top 25.

On3 #9, next closest Colorado #22

24/7 #7, Colorado #34

Rivals #7, Colorado #35

Oregon and USC continue to lead for Four-Star WR Ryan Pellum 

Oregon and USC have emerged as leaders for Long Beach Millikan (Calif.) wide out Ryan Pellum but he could take a third Pac-12 official visit before making his

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon and USC have emerged as leaders for Long Beach Millikan (Calif.) wide out Ryan Pellum but he could take a third Pac-12 official visit before making his

Four-star OL Preston Taumua breaks down top five

The latest on the talented blocker from the Aloha State...

Oregon: “Oregon is a place that I could’ve seen myself playing at ever since I was in 8th grade. It’s always been a dream school of mine. I like it because Coach Koa Ka’ai, coach A’lique Terry and coach Cutter Leftwich. They’re the main guys I reach out to when it comes to this college stuff because they’re not as biased as people would think they would be. It all came full circle when coach Terry got hired as the new offensive line coach at Oregon. When I tore my ACL my sophomore year, coach Koa and coach Terry, who was working at Hawaii at the time, were the first-ever coaches to come see me. So it was cool to see coach Terry get hired as the new OL coach.”

Taumua is among the most highly coveted prospects out West in the 2024 cycle and the ultra athletic line prospect continues to see his stock rise.

247SPORTS.COM

The latest on the talented blocker from the Aloha State...

• Wow 1

Prediction: Massive 2024 Offensive Lineman to Oregon

Putting in a new pick for Dan Lanning and the Ducks.

One position that hasn't gotten a ton of buzz for the Ducks lately is offensive line. Oregon has two verbal commitments in Vancouver (Wash.) Evergreen standout Fox Crader and Salem (Ore.) West Salem product Trent Ferguson

Both of them were on campus over the weekend and they were joined by five-star Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei offensive tackle Brandon Baker, a top target for the Ducks this cycle. It's great that Crader was back on campus, as the Ducks continue to actively recruit him following trips all over the country, including to Los Angeles to check out USC recently. 

But, there's another name the Ducks have been heavily linked to of late.

Today, I'm logging a prediction for Oregon to land 2024 Pinson (Ala.) Clay-Chalkville offensive tackle JacQawn McRoy.

Confidence meter: 6/10

Explaining the pick

First off I want to explain the confidence meter. I'm feeling good about this pick right now in May, but things could change between now and a rumored commitment date of June 30. He's from Alabama, and pulling players all the way across the country from the SEC footpring has never been easy and it's far from a guarantee.

However, that said, I know that A'lique Terry and the Oregon staff have made McRoy a major priority in this class. Terry has been all over the country lately making rounds at schools to get eyes on the next crop of offensive line talent, which shows his hunger to prove himself and take the Ducks to the next level.

As for McRoy, his combination of size, athleticism and bend at 6'8", 335 pounds make him a difference maker. The staff would love to pair him with Crader and maybe even Baker as well in their 2024 haul. 

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/prediction-massive-2024-offensive-lineman-to-oregon

5-star EDGE Jordan Ross puts Ducks among top schools after Eugene visit

Another elite player in the 2024 class has the Oregon Ducks in the mix as Dan Lanning continues to show off his ability to recruit nation-wide since coming to Eugene.

5-star EDGE Jordan Ross, the No. 1 rated player from the state of Alabama, announce his top 8 schools earlier this week, keeping the Ducks in the mix with the likes of Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and Florida.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

5-star EDGE Jordan Ross puts Ducks among top schools after Eugene visit

Oregon Checks Major Box for Brandon Baker Following Recent Visit

2024 Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei offensive lineman Brandon Baker has been a top target for Oregon for a long time. His recruitment with Oregon got reset a little bit when Adrian Klemm and Viane Talamaivao took new jobs after the 2022 season.

He took his second visit to Oregon in less than a month over the weekend and the Ducks made a major impression.

66eb990c-e538-4c8c-93d9-d32b188126d5

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article275749601.html#storylink=rss

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Wow 1

5-star DL Aydin Breland sets official visit to Eugene June 23rd

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A Top-10 recruit in the class of 2023 has scheduled a visit with the Oregon Ducks.

No. 1 RB Turbo Rogers Talks Commitment Decision and Final Five Programs

With a decision date set for June 2, 2025 No.1 running back Anthony "Turbo" Rogers spoke with FanNation's Director of Recruiting Brooks Austin to break down his impending decision.

Located more than 2,500 miles from Rogers’ hometown, Oregon is the lone school outside the southeast to still have a shot to reel in the talented running back. Given the considerable distance from his home, it is naturally curious that the Ducks made the cut for his top-five. To hear Rogers explain it, it is his long-standing relationship with Oregon’s Running Back Coach Carlos Locklyn that has kept the Ducks in the mix.

“They’ve got a nice offensive scheme. They are known for having speedy running backs so I’m pretty sure they know what to do with guys like me in the backfield. But the main thing with Oregon, Coach Locke, the running back coach, he gave me my first offer ever when he was at Western Kentucky and he’s from my hometown so we’ve had a great relationship ever since I was in eighth grade, so that’s why I chose Oregon.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/recruiting/turbo-rogers-talks-georgia-football-and-recruitiment

• Go Ducks! 1

Oregon Predicted to Land 4-Star Offensive Lineman

Is another commitment on the way for Oregon football? Maybe not in the immediate future, but it's looking more likely. On Wednesday, Oregon received a 247Sports crystal ball prediction to land 2024 Aiea (Hi.) High interior offensive lineman Preston Taumua. The prediction came from Mountain Region recruiting analyst Blair Angulo, who is 479/513 (93.37%) all-time with his predictions.

230d9d2f-897b-4820-84b8-1000fd7301c1

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article275793156.html#storylink=rss

Oregon makes final 4 for 4-star WR out of Florida

After picking up 47 scholarship offers, Bredell Richardson has narrowed things down to 4 teams. Oregon is one of the finalists for the blue-chip wide receiver out of Florida.

The Ducks will be competing with LSU, Michigan and Michigan State to land Richardson’s commitment. He revealed his final 4 on Thursday via his Twitter page.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon in the mix for recently offered WR.

Oregon makes the top 8 for 4-star running back and teammate of Oregon QB commit

The DUcks have made the top eight for a top running back out of the east coast.

247SPORTS.COM

The DUcks have made the top eight for a top running back out of the east coast.

• Thumbs Up 2

Four-star S Kingston Lopa has two official visits set up

Sacramento (Calif.) Grant safety Kingston Lopa has locked in a pair of Pac-12 official visits for June...

I have an official set with Oregon and Washington," said Lopa. "I go to Oregon on June 13th and then I go to Washington on June 23rd."

247SPORTS.COM

Sacramento (Calif.) Grant safety Kingston Lopa has locked in a pair of Pac-12 official visits for June...

Torres’ Take: The Latest in Oregon Football Recruiting

It's an exciting time for Oregon Football on the recruiting trail. The Ducks just landed a trio of commitments within the last week and it looks like they're just getting started. Here's a look at some of the top recent storylines, paired with some of my analysis and thoughts on each recruit

322486e7-44ea-4afe-8642-c10ffb049e3b

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/article275813306.html#storylink=rss

5-star EDGE Colin Simmons schedules official visit to Oregon

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

5-star EDGE Colin Simmons schedules official visit to Oregon

Oregon Making up Ground With 5-Star DL Aydin Breland

The Ducks hosted the big-time defensive lineman for an unofficial visit last weekend.

Oregon has been pursuing some big-time defensive linemen in the 2024 recruiting class. Names like Jordan Ross (Alabama), David Stone (Florida), Elijah Rushing (Arizona) and Collin Simmons (Texas) all come to mind.

But the Ducks may not need to go too far for another stud. This past weekend they hosted 2024 Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei defensive lineman Aydin Breland for an unofficial visit.

"I actually just went up with Brandon (Baker) and Jack (Ressler). I got invited with them," Breland said of why he took the trip. "It's always a great time up in Eugene. It's always a good time up there. I love getting up there and having a good time with everybody."

This time around was different for the five-star defensive lineman.

Fwl-K7vagAA5SME?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/oregon-making-up-ground-with-5-star-dl-aydin-breland

Brandon Huffman believes the Ducks 'be in contention for a top class nationally' in 2024

Brandon Huffman, 247Sports' national recruiting editor, believes the Ducks will sign one of the best classes nationally in 2024.

247SPORTS.COM

Brandon Huffman, 247Sports' national recruiting editor, believes the Ducks will sign one of the best classes nationally in 2024.

• Like 1

Oregon makes the top eight of four-star RB

Oregon earned a spot in the top eight for four-star RB Calil Valentine this weekend.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon earned a spot in the top eight for four-star RB Calil Valentine this weekend.

4-star LB puts Oregon amongst top schools; Ducks remain favorites for commitment

The Oregon Ducks are gearing up for a massive month of June when it comes to recruiting visits, and they got a good start over the weekend with a blue-chip player who is trending in their direction.

4-star LB Kamar Mothudi released his top 5 schools ahead of this commitment, with the Ducks listed among them. Others included were Washington, Texas, Utah, and Michigan State.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

4-star LB puts Oregon amongst top schools; Ducks remain favorites for commitment

Running back Da'Jaun Riggs locks in visit with Oregon

Another running back has locked in a visit date with the Ducks.

The Oregon Ducks have locked in an official visit date for one of their top running back prospects in the 2024 recruiting class. The Ducks have recently offered 3-star running back Da'Jaun Riggs out of Washington D.C. a scholarship and now will head west in June for his official visit.

Riggs will be in Eugene for an official visit on June 23rd and stay in town multiple days over the weekend. The 6-foot, 202-pound running back is rated as the No. 79 running back in the country and the No. 4 prospect in the D.C. area by 247Sports. The 247Sports Composite Rankings have Riggs rated as the No. 61 best running back in the country and the No. 3 prospect in the D.C. area.

247SPORTS.COM

Another running back has locked in a visit date with the Ducks.

Oregon locks in official visit date with 4-star RB

The Ducks have locked in a visit date for one of the top backs out west

The Oregon Ducks have locked in an official visit date for one of their top running back prospects in the 2024 recruiting class. 247Sports Composite 4-star running back Christian Clark out of Mountain Pointe high school in Arizona has locked in the date.

Oregon will get Clark on campus on June 9th for an official visit to Oregon. This will mark his fourth official visit to a college during the month of June. Clark has visits lined up to Florida State, Texas, and Georgia as well during the month of May. Clark has previously been on campus at Oregon multiple times and has a strong relationship with Oregon running back coach Carlos Locklyn.

247SPORTS.COM

The Ducks have locked in a visit date for one of the top backs out west.

Oregon's early blue-chip ratio among nation's best in 2024 cycle

It’s still very early in the 2024 recruiting cycle, but the Oregon Ducks are as hot as any team in the nation when it comes to success on the trail.

Over the past month or so, Dan Lanning and the Ducks have picked up commitments from a handful of blue-chip prospects, rising up the national recruiting rankings quickly, where they now sit at No. 6. While the national rankings tell us a lot about which team is getting the best players committed for next year, it doesn’t tell us everything.

You need to look at the blue chip ratio.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks are on a hot streak in the 2024 recruiting cycle. So where does their blue-chip ratio rank nationally this early on?

Mid-South Spotlight: Five most contested recruiting battles

For Oregon it's:

ixwpmjtfcwt4vom6pg0d 

COLIN SIMMONS

UNDECIDED
6'3" 225 LBS WDE 2024
DUNCANVILLE
DUNCANVILLE, TX

Contenders: AlabamaLSUMiamiOregonTexasTexas A&M

Overview: The top-ranked player in the Mid-South has a recruitment that appears to be headed for the long run. Simmons will officially visit Miami, Oregon and Texas in June with trips to Alabama and LSU planned for the fall. Texas A&M also remains in the mix after getting him on campus during the spring.

LSU and Texas have sat toward the top of the pass rusher’s recruitment for the past few months. However, the longer he takes it, the more opportunities that other programs will get to make an impression. He’s not planning to make a decision until closer to signing day.

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Five-star Colin Simmons will visit Miami, Oregon and Texas next month.

Oregon makes the Top 5 for one of its top RB prospects

Oregon has made the final five for one of their top running back prospects in the 2024 class.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon has made the final five for one of their top running back prospects in the 2024 class.

• Go Ducks! 1

Ducks land among top schools for 4-star OL Eddy Pierre-Louis

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Ducks land among top schools for 4-star OL Eddy Pierre-Louis