Charles Fischer

Oregon's Pitching Handicaps Much Bigger Than Thought...

I was looking at the roster thinking about the pitching options for this weekend, when I stumbled on a stunning set of facts that amazed me about Oregon BaseballOur Beloved Ducks had an "iffy" pitching staff last year as new starters were going through their lumps.  And I've noted great development in pitchers like Logan Mercado (today's starter) and our new Friday ace, Jace Stoffal.

I anticipated the same kind of growth with four other pitchers, but all have been out all season due to injury!

2022 Starter: RJ Gordon
2022 Starter: Isaac Ayon

2022 Starter: Andrew Mosiello

2022 Relief: Stone Churby

Good gosh!  Three starters out?  How in world did we win 29 games thus far?  Surviving on the new freshmen with their learning curve?  It is rumored that one or more might be available by the end of the season, but we know they would be very rusty and used in occasional relief.

Potentially--it can set up next year with a very strong pitching staff, but it sure highlights the incredible job that Coach Waz and his staff has done.  

Isaac Ayon

Oregon collapses on verge of series win, falls 8-7 to Washington State in  rubber match | Sports | dailyemerald.com

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck