Charles Fischer

Rob Mullens: Athletic Director of the Year

I know that some may not agree with that, but this is not me stating this.  I do think he has made some great hires (along with a dud like Helfrich) the good ones like Coach Lombardi and Coach Graves are the majority.  He may have also made a fantastic hire with Coach Abel for Soccer.

MULLENS HONORED AS AD OF THE YEAR by GoDucks.com

Mullens Honored As AD Of The Year

Oregon is the only school in the history of the conference to win Football and Mens Basketball (the only two profitable sports) league titles in back-to-back years as just completed.  Well done!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Congratulations to AD Mullens. Several years ago I was his harsh critic concerning the football program with the handling of Coach Helfrich and Coach Taggart. Overall, I recognized the strong overall UO Athletics lineup, but given the importance of football, Mullens had me steaming..

Football is coming back. The past is gone. Hooray for Rob Mullens. A “Man of Oregon”. The future of Oregon’s sports has never been brighter. Go Ducks.

Oh, and I’m glad UO doesn’t have one of those sleaze balls at other hallowed U’s - or sanctions.

Edited by Notalot
  • Thumbs Up 1

The emerging dominance of Oregon team sports left them with almost no other choice.

Consecutive PAC-12 Champs in MFB and MBB, defending champs in WBB, highly ranked in men’s and women’s indoor and outdoor Track & Field, cross country,  Women’s Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Acrobatics & Tumbling.

Coaching staffs that promote an exceptional student/athlete experience while energetically recruiting the best up and coming athletes.  Mullens has assembled a “fairly decent” team of coaches!

What a time to be a Duck fan!

GO DUCKS!!!