Jon Joseph

The Transfer Portal and Oregon Players in the Portal - The Grass is Not Always Greener

Check out the number of Oregon transfers still in the portal and the number of players that have dropped to the G5 or lower in the case of Jackson State.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

There have been over 30 former Ducks that have entered the transfer portal since the 2022 season. Here’s where they ended up.

Yes, some of these lads were likely encouraged to enter the portal but many IMO are simply getting bad advice. Beam me up Scotty, or beam me sideways or down.

scotty GIF

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thanks 1

Looks like D-II schools might clean up on Oregon players transferring out.

The only transfers out I did not want to happen is Matavo at TE, and Brown at LB.  But both are going to be juniors, and juniors have to be starting somewhere--concerning their future.  There was no such assurance with the transfers brought in at LB, and considering how Ferguson is going to be the featured TE.  So, I don't like it, but I get it.

The majority of these are simply the Oregon staff,..."finding out who is the best."  Those who are not transfer.  We don't know who they are in advance, but the staff recruits tons to allow the competition to occur.

Note both Alabama and Georgia did not take many transfers this year, as once you have recruiting classes stacked...not as much need.  And it is doubtful there are many in the portal who are better than what they already have on the team.

Oregon by contrast, had a lot of needs, a lot of holes to fill, especially on defense in our rebuilding phase.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck