Jon Joseph

College Football News (CFN) Prediction For Every Pac-12 Game in 2023

Yes, this is a WAG but I did find it interesting.

According to CFN, 8 Pac-12 teams go bowling in 2023.

Oregon, USC, and UW all finish 10-2. Oregon defeats USC but loses in Seattle. USC defeats UW in LA but loses in Eugene. UW defeats Oregon in Seattle but loses in LA.

What 2 teams play in the conference champ game?

https://collegefootballnews.com/rankings/pac-12-college-football-predictions-for-every-game-spring-version

A few thoughts.

Arizona - 6-6 - Wins against Oregon State and UCLA?

ASU - 5-7 - Ducks win in Tempe.

CAL - 5-7 -Ducks win but Oregon State takes an L in Berkeley?

CU - 3-9 - Ducks win in Prime's first conference game. 

Oregon - 10-2 - L at UW is a reasonable prediction. But an L versus CAL?

Oregon State - 7-5 - This IMO is a rock-bottom prediction for the Beavers in 2023.

Stanford 2-10 - Hard to quibble with this.

UCLA - 8-4 - I think the Bruins with a super soft OOC schedule win 9 games. 

USC - 10-2 - The loss in Eugene would be nice. I do not see SC losing to the Domers in South Bend. I don't see ND having enough firepower on O to keep up with Williams and the SC offense. 

Utah - 9-3 - CFN predicts the Ducks will take its 2nd loss in SLC. I am more optimistic; especially, if Rising isn't 100%.

Washington - 10-2 - Huskies split with Oregon schools. Defeat the Ducks in Seattle but lose in Corvallis. With UW playing Utah and SC in LA before tripping to Corvallis, I can see this.

Washington State - 7-5 - Wazzu is already a winner getting Wisconsin to trip to Pullman for a certain sellout. But defeating the Badgers two seasons in a row?

fortune teller witch GIF by HelloGiggles

Based on these predictions the whiners of troy will play the world classless from mountlake in the PAC title game. The loser's fanbase will blame PK's money and Lanning's recruiting for the loss.

In reviewing the predictions for our Ducks, they are viewing the Cal game as a trap game. I can see their point. DL, the staff and team leaders will have to keep the team focused and ready to handle Cal.

Last weekend, I posted that OBD's would take a loss to the huskies and return home 5-1 on the season. Then regroup, win out and face either usc or uw in the PAC title game......

A loss at Cal sends the Ducks to San Antonio or San Diego for their bowl game........

It does no good to have the top PAC recruiting classes 4 years running and not make the CFP. For the talent on this squad the Rosr Bowl or NY6 Bowl should be the consolation prize.

Barring injuries the Ducks will face 4 Top 25 teams in their last 7 games. 2 will be top 10......this schedule sets them up for great things. Run the gauntlet and the invite to the CFP will arrive.

The PAC is loaded with talent in 2023. Coaching, the best coaching may make the difference.

GO DUCKS......

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1