C J

Men's BBAll Game Thread (attention: potential spoilers if you are DVR'ing)

So far at the Beavs are man handling the Ducks. Real aggressive on the defensive end. Challenging all the Ducks shots and rendering their shooting to the low 40%'s. 

Will the Ducks come out strong in the second half? Or is this a slump game for them? I wouldn't be surprised if the latter plays out but I hope not. I would like to see them get another game versus USC or Colorado and I hate seeing us lose another game to the Beavs after losing in football and already dropping one in basketball.

Edited by C J

52 minutes ago, C J said:

Will the Ducks come out strong in the second half?

Nope

It hurts... 

This year's team seems to go cold and stay cold. 

When they aren't hitting their shots it really messes everything up, they can't just grind out wins. 

Yeah, without having post play you live by the 3 ball and die by the 3 ball. When Duarte and Figueroa aren't hitting those long jumpers from beyond the arc there is a high probability of a loss as the outcome for lack of scoring. Case in point there last night against the Beavs, we couldn't break out of the 60's and that doesn't cut it. Credit to the Beavs defense though, they definitely stepped it up and I hope they win tonight.

Is it just me or are the Beavs kind of owning us here lately in the major sports programs........

We play 5 more baseball games against them so we will see how that shakes out, but right now they are up 3-2 between football, basketball and baseball, a bit of a tough pill to swallow I must admit.

Oregon State seemed to score at will in the paint and we have no counter to that.

Our Ducks played 7 games in the last 16 days while winning the first six. Maybe their legs were tired?

It's possible they were overconfident after blowing out the Beav's this past Sunday in Corvallis?