FishDuck Article

After Rivalry Turbulence, Ducks Prepare to Fly into Madness

Losing to your in-state rival sucks. Every time. Always. And it was especially disappointing for the Oregon Ducks (20-6, 14-4 Pac-12), who were red-hot and rolling on a six-game win streak to fall flat against a very eager and energized Oregon State Beavers (16-12, 10-10 Pac-12) team in a Pac-12 Tournament semifinal matchup Friday night. It’s hard to hit the ...

Source

Read the full article here...

• Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

In my humble opinion, it seems to me: as Richardson goes, so go the Ducks.  Richardson’s scoring and assists were tamped down v. OSU, and....the outcome was a loss.  Admittedly, an unusual amount of his shots, and after his assists went in, and out......just the breaks OSU needed to get its “kismet” going.  Of course, Pritchard was the engine that drove the Ducks to success last year.  No too far a stretch to see that Altman’s system(and most systems) require a scoring distributer, and finisher....in order to get those W’s.  

To OSU’s credit their D.....and yes, their Bigs.....disrupted the Ducks just enough that they couldn’t finish their shots.  If Ducks could’ve done the same to Beavs, results would’ve been different.  Obviously, as has been pointed out, our absence of a rim protector is a Big “Achilles Heel”.  Kudos to Dana for so much success while covering that flaw.

Here’s hoping they can go far in the NCAA tourney!  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

You are right Jordan ... perhaps this team needed a "wake-up" call to give it every ounce of effort in order to overcome being a smaller team and the days when shooting the three doesn't work.  It is a veteran group that will bounce back, but we need some seeding help, some luck of the draw in where we end up in the bracket.

Dorsey and Brooks.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

No excuses for our Ducks, but a couple notes from my extremely lay person's point of view... 

1) Our Ducks have played a lot of games in the last 2 - 3 weeks,  looked to me like they just didn't have their legs under them, possible fatigue.

2) We got to where we were in the season due to (among other things) Duarte being the fire cracker, getting things started, dishing the ball, nailing 3 pointers and stealing 2.0 balls per game.  The last couple weeks, especially the last week, as Richardson is coming on stronger, I sense Duarte is backing off from being the play maker.  I think the last stat I saw on his steals is that he is down to 1.7 steals per game.  That seems like quite a drop-off in just a few games.  I think there is some uncertainty between Will and Chris as to who is running the offense, and that uncertainty is causing Duarte to back off - not a good thing for us!! I think Coach Altman needs to get his arms around this and get Duarte back to being involved 110% like he has been all season.

Just my .02 worth...

Go Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 1