Jon Joseph

Prime Time Pushes Back - Calls Out Pitt Coach

I am very happy to see Buffs head coach Deion Sanders push back at Pitt's head coach Narduzzi's criticism of the manner in which Deion is making a wholesale dramatic roster change at CU.

As Deion notes, what he is doing at CU is the name of today's game of college football. And he also noted that the situation at CU is far different from the situation Narduzzi inherited at Pitt.

Deion is simply taking advantage of the NCAA lifting the cap on the 25 limits on new scholarship players in a given year. And accordingly, taking advantage of the transfer portal. 

IMO, every team in the Pac should be happy that Deion has CU front and center in today's media coverage of college football. The game at Autzen, Deion's Pac opener, will draw far more eyeballs than CU visiting Eugene with Karl Dorrell at the helm.

Although I personally have reservations about the manner in which college football has evolved it's hard to argue against 47,000 fans attending the Buffs spring game and the 2023 season ticket allotment for Buffs games being sold out.

CU merchandise sales across the nation have also materially improved. And CU's opener at TCU and the second game against Nebraska in Folsom Field will be prime-time broadcasts.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

Deion Sanders has made himself the focal point of the Colorado football program, and not everybody likes it. Sanders has no time...

Oregon makes significant money every season from the sale of Ducks-themed gear. Another reason why I am not overjoyed about playing B12 opponents OOC for the next six seasons. 

In today's media-driven world, you simply cannot hide your light under a bushel whether, in theory, such scheduling improves playoff odds or not.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1

I, for one, hope Deion and Colorado go 0-12 this season. I'll still tune in to watch all of their games on national TV/cable, just like I'll watch every USC game when they get good matchups in the B1G- to see them lose!

• Haha 1