FishDuck Article

The Will Stein Oregon Offense: Four Verts

Coach Will Stein has made it clear that deep shots a huge part of his offense. He’s even stated that they would like to take at least two deep shots per quarter. This philosophy of an attacking air game works to keep defenses honest, and in turn create more room for the ground game. Not to mention that deep shots ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Coach Will Stein has made it clear that deep shots a huge part of his offense. He's even stated that they would like to take at least two deep...
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks Coach Eric, I'm always excited when I see an article from you.  Great info on the pre-snap read.  Bo chooses the correct read. 

Even though the high safety favored the right #5 Holden easily beats his man and is also open.  The safety would have helped but would've been behind also.

The Ducks this year will have multiple receivers who can "Go" deep.  Not too many defenses have 4 NFL type db's.  Someone "Will" be open in Will Stein's offense!

• Like 1

While it is a simple concept...covering four receivers deep is hard for any defense.  I remember a coaching clinic where Mark Helfrich spoke of how he loved this concept, and all the ancillary plays that could be run off of it.  He made hay with this in the 2014-2015 seasons--when we had a ton of great receivers.

Bird-Bombs could really help WR recruiting!  Thanks Coach Boles!

Dwayne Stanford Gary Breedlove.jpg

I'd love to see this again

at Autzen this fall!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you Coach Boles. I like how you simplify things so that I can even understand! Great illustrations.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

Hopefully you feel the work you put in is appreciated. Each article you produce enlightens, and excites the Duck faithful. They also aren't just opinion pieces, the work you put in is evident.

The two things I want to see are speed, and the use of speed within the program once again. You highlight how we are going to be the most exciting program in college football again.  If we can keep getting speed guys and use them as the weapons they are the future is extremely bright.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I can wait.  Now, I hope WE have a lot of NFL type DB's (current recruiting is very promising!)

I wanna beat the mutts and USuC so bad and I hope our offense overloads them big time.  Now, can our D get pressure this year, that might be the real difference.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 9:21 AM, Smith72 said:

Thanks Coach Eric, I'm always excited when I see an article from you.  Great info on the pre-snap read.  Bo chooses the correct read. 

Even though the high safety favored the right #5 Holden easily beats his man and is also open.  The safety would have helped but would've been behind also.

The Ducks this year will have multiple receivers who can "Go" deep.  Not too many defenses have 4 NFL type db's.  Someone "Will" be open in Will Stein's offense!

I’m glad you enjoyed the article!

They’re definitely going to be able to stretch the field!

On 6/19/2023 at 11:08 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Thank you Coach Boles. I like how you simplify things so that I can even understand! Great illustrations.

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

On 6/19/2023 at 11:52 AM, Haywarduck said:

Hopefully you feel the work you put in is appreciated. Each article you produce enlightens, and excites the Duck faithful. They also aren't just opinion pieces, the work you put in is evident.

The two things I want to see are speed, and the use of speed within the program once again. You highlight how we are going to be the most exciting program in college football again.  If we can keep getting speed guys and use them as the weapons they are the future is extremely bright.

Thank You!

Speed definitely seems to be a point of emphasis the last couple off-seasons.