Pennsylvania Duck

Fall Camp: Day 2 Practice

Click to enlarge pics...

• Thumbs Up 1

Tosh Lupoi gives early impressions through first few practices of fall camp

Notable quotes from Oregon DC Tosh Lupoi after Ducks' second practice - Transcript

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon defensive coordinator met with the media for the first time during fall camp and this is what he had to say.

Oregon OC Will Stein gives his early impressions of fall camp

Notable quotes from Oregon OC Will Stein after Ducks' second practice - Transcript

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Notable quotes from Oregon OC Will Stein after Ducks’ second practice

Finally!!

Football. Is.  Back!

Now we can talk about actual "football" and not speculation.

Go DUCKS!!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meet Will Stein, the new architect for Oregon football’s offense

WWW.REGISTERGUARD.COM

The new offensive coordinator is focusing on the little things and building his relationship with quarterback Bo Nix ahead of the Ducks' season opener

Oregon OC Will Stein plans to use deep rotation at running back

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon figures to have one of the deepest running back rooms in the Pac-12 this season.

On 8/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, DanLduck said:

Finally!!

Football. Is.  Back!

Now we can talk about actual "football" and not speculation.

Go DUCKS!!

And speculation about football. Actually guess, theorize, conjecture, hypothesize, talk, surmise, express opinions, guesstimate, communicate stabs in the dark, reflect, deliberate, and just pontificate about the great game of football. All is good in the world again, bring it!

ogvhs-get-it.gif

The most important safeties to know in the 2023 Pac-12 season

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The most important safeties to know in the 2023 Pac-12 season

'He's an exciting player;' Oregon OC Will Stein impressed by 5-star WR Jurrion Dickey

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

“He shows up early, he takes notes. He’s doing his best to be a pro,” Will Stein said. “I’m excited about him.”

Dan Lanning shares how he utilizes SWOT analysis to improve

Article written by:On3 imageGrant Grubbs

grant_grubbs_

College football isn’t necessarily a business, but Dan Lanning runs his team like one. On Wednesday, the Oregon head coach discussed how his staff uses a SWOT analysis to evaluate the team.

“It’s really just going through your strengths, weaknesses, right? What are the obstacles in front of you? And what are those threats?” Lanning told the press. “That was really an offseason study. But I would you could argue that we do a SWOT analysis every day after practice, too. So we’re going to go in here and watch this last practice, figure out what we did well [and] figure out what we didn’t do well enough.”

A SWOT analysis is a strategy often utilized in the business world. SWOT stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. During fall camp, the Ducks are figuring out where they stand in each of these categories.

With 65% of the team’s production returning, Lanning and Co. already know the answer to some of these questions. For example, the Ducks showed weakness as the season progressed last year, losing two of their final four contests.

For that reason, Oregon is using the SWOT analysis to not only set up short-term goals, but long-term goals too.

“You’ve got goals that last for an entire season. You’ve got a goal for today. What am I going to improve on today, right? I think you just have to be really open and honest about what those look like. But yeah, you have long-term goals. You have short-term goals, and you have to be able to assess and change them,” Lanning said.

The Ducks undoubtedly share one goal with every team in the country: reach the College Football Playoff. In 2022, Oregon was in the hunt for a CFP spot until QB Bo Nix suffered an ankle injury late in a November matchup with Washington. Consequently, the Ducks lost the lead, the game, and any hope of a spot in the CFP.

Regarding the short-term, Lanning has a specific challenge for his team.

“I want to see us play fast. I saw that in moments, and then I saw moments that it wasn’t as good, so it’s something we can continue to improve on,” Lanning said.

FOOTBALL PRACTICE RECAP: AUG. 3

PRESEASON CAMP CONTINUED FOR THE OREGON FOOTBALL TEAM ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON

GODUCKS.COM

Preseason camp continued for the Oregon football team on Thursday afternoon.