QuackAttack

Some Poor Judgment by Oregon QB Commit?

Just finished watching the St Francis game and I have to say from what I saw, Michael Van Buren is prone to making very poor decisions throwing the ball. For all of the hype he’s getting, I expected much more. He’s a fairly little guy too. I may b biased, but the starting QB on my son’s team Mt St Joseph, Baltimore is significantly better. Look up Winston Watkins, a 6’6” QB at MSJ. If he had a line of 300 lb’ers he’d pick every defense apart. MSJ doesn’t have a kid on the line above 275-280 and only one.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does Watkins have an offer from Alabama like Van Buren?

Is he playing teams like Chaminade, IMG, Bosco, Mater Dei....who know a bit about defense?

• Thumbs Up 1

No he doesn’t. Towson and Howard, but he’s played Our Lady Of Good Counsel, which I the #22 rank school this year and and will play hem in two weeks. OLGC is loaded with Power 5 commits on both sides of the ball. Keep in mind Van Buren has the top talent in MD and some other parts  the DMV on his offense. Also St. Francis has double reclasses on that team because of poor grades. Watch the OLGC game in two weeks, it’ll be streamed. 

QuackAttack,

Please keep us updated on Michael Van Buren's (MVB) [improving] progress or on his sinking into the swamp of bad QB decision-making leading to leader mediocrity.

Enjoyed your brief input.

BTW, regarding short, MVB is probably 5'11" and definitely no taller than 6 Ft. He is reportedly a "heady" player. Regardless who is recruiting MVB, if the information provided is not true, I like it when someone debunks BS. Let Alabama suck up a mediocre QB because our Fightin' Ducks cannot afford to do so. Here's hoping MVB's O-Coordinator does a better job with MVB in the film study room and with a proposed plan of attack for this week than they both did this past weekend.

Thank you for your post and the information. Hope your son's team has an outstanding season!  KCDuck1

I'm not sure about now, but SFA had a huge infusion of money that allowed to recruit a lot of good players, but I'm not sure how good their coaching is. I've been to their basketball games, excellent coaching there, but I'm not sure about football. 

So, I'm not sure if MVB is getting good coaching. 

On another subject, someone mentioned SFA playing Mater Dei. Mater Dei got trounced Friday night by Carlsbad and most of the game wasn't as close as the 48-14 final score. 

Hasn't Oregon been recruiting some players from Mater Dei (or is that another Mater Dei). No one on that team looked like someone I would want.

OhioDuck,

If the Mater Dei (MD) to which you are referring is the Catholic High School from Santa Ana, CA, then the answer is yes, the Ducks are recruiting at least three to five of the MD senior class players. If Carlsbad (located between Orange Cty/LA, CA) beat the pants off MD this past weekend, I would say Carlsbad was ready for them, and MD had taken their eyes and brains off the ball and the field of play, and Carlbad gave MD a well-deserved wake-up call.

The Ducks are recruiting an offensive lineman, a defensive lineman, a running back, and a receiver. The receiver has committed to the Ducks. Perhaps the other players and their coaches should focus on school/class curriculum, on the team, and on-practice and getting ready for the next attempt at a wakeup call.

Thanks for the update! I remain VR,

KCDuck1

• Thanks 1