Mic

Live Streaming Options for Oregon Football Games?

If this is an OK subject to broach:

I ask the fans here what their preference is for watching CFB on television, Sling, Fubo, another network?  I ask for a reason, I'm about to begin my subscription to one of the streaming providers soon because I actually broke-down and bought a TV finally after many years without one in my remote home.  High-speed internet finally reached us here - for better or for worse - a few years back.  Broadcast networks, if they still exist, do not reach us here.

On 8/30/2023 at 4:06 PM, Mic said:

If this is an OK subject to broach:

I ask the fans here what their preference is for watching CFB on television, Sling, Fubo, another network?  I ask for a reason, I'm about to begin my subscription to one of the streaming providers soon because I actually broke-down and bought a TV finally after many years without one in my remote home.  High-speed internet finally reached us here - for better or for worse - a few years back.  Broadcast networks, if they still exist, do not reach us here.

If you want to see all of the Pac-12's final season games this year, I would suggest Fubo. Once Oregon migrates to the B1G, I would suggest switching to YouTube TV. Among other things, YouTube TV allows unlimited Cloud DVR storage (although all recordings are erased 9 months later but automatically re-recorded if they are replayed at a later date), access to the B1G Network and any other channel B1G teams would play on for no extra cost, and a feature that allows you to have highlights play automatically after a recorded game has been finished.

Edited by CountryProf

On 8/30/2023 at 1:20 PM, CountryProf said:

If you want to see all of the Pac-12's final season games this year, I would suggest Fubo. Once Oregon migrates to the B1G, I would suggest switching to YouTube TV. 

Thanks CP.  But what about regular-season games first?

Or, by "final season" games you mean the" final season of Pac-12 football", not just post season?

And, does YouTube TV show Pac-12 Network games?

No, YouTube TV doesn't show Pac-12 network games.

• Thanks 1

It looks like Fubo only shows Pac-12 Network games at the elevated 'Elite' or 'Ultimate' levels and not on the entry 'Pro" level.  Sling my be a better (or at least more cost-effective?) choice. Next year, after Oregon goes to the Big 10, may be the time to reassess things and try YouTube. It's all so confusing, really.

sorry, didn't see your first reply until now. I meant fubo is your best option if you want to watch Pac-12 games for the next year. After the Pac-12 network goes bye-bye next summer, YouTube TV is very likely your best streaming option for watching B1G games  ( and in my opinion, for a lot of other reasons as well).

Yeah, you run the numbers and decide whether sling or fubo is your best option. I've only used both for free one week trials over the last couple years so I can watch Ducks games played on the Pac-12 network. Based on the things my family wants to watch, I think my wife and kids would seriously consider killing me if I ditched YouTube TV for another service "just" so I could watch Ducks games ( they just don't understand the finer things in life.........).

• Haha 1

By confusing I mean that some friends are telling me only some of the Pac-12 games are on Sling Orange and some on Sling Blue.  Knowing which is impossible to know in advance.  Getting either just for the sake of hoping you get the Oregon games is a crap shoot.  

I don't care for the NFL games anymore - lost interest in them a few years back.  Perhaps Sling Orange + Sports Extra?  Geez... it'd be nice to be able to talk to a representative who could steer me in the right direction so I don't end up paying for channels I have no interest in watching. Just CFB and all the Oregon games since I usually only make one or two home games each year.

For the past three years I have purchased Sling during the football season. I will probably buy Sling again this year in October, so I have not confirmed that all of their packages are the same this year but Sling worked great for me in the past.

If you purchase the sports pack you should get all of the regional Pac12 channels. ESPN comes with the Orange pack and Fox Sports and Redzone with the Blue pack. I did not buy the combined orange & blue. I have been able to go online and switch between the orange and blue packs whenever I wanted for no additional cost.

Last year I would have the Orange on Saturday for college football and then switch to Blue Sunday morning for the NFL's Redzone and then back to Orange for Monday night football. I am the only one in my house that watches Sling so I had no other family members complaining about switching between orange and blue. 

Hopefully they still allow switching between the orange and blue packages without any additional cost. I do not receive local channels with Sling, thus any games on FOX, I would use my indoor antenna. Fortunately Sling can be purchased one month at a time.

• Applause 1

On 8/30/2023 at 11:28 PM, JB89 said:

For the past three years I have purchased Sling during the football season. I will probably buy Sling again this year in October, so I have not confirmed that all of their packages are the same this year but Sling worked great for me in the past.

Thanks JB.

This morning I opted toed for Sling Orange + Sports package (since I'm really only interested in CFB).  I was watching it just fine for several hours when, right in the middle of the replay of last years National Title game, I got a '2-502' message telling me the app is temporarily unavailable and to wait one minute, the restart Sling.  That was a way more than a minute ago and still no signal.  What did I pay for, the see a black screen?  My Sling coverage has just stopped for no apparent reason...

Took a almost an hour to get things ironed out.  I had to completely reboot everything including my internet server and go back in to re-enter the server password, preferences and reboot Sling all over again.  Never did get an "agent" to help out. I sure hope this isn't a recurring problem