Jon Joseph

2023 College Football Week 2 Place Your Bets

Because I got down early with Texas Tech -3 to cover over the Miami Mari(o)s, and to suffer the well-deserved slings and arrows of those who have followed my wagering advice to date, early in the week, below are my Week 2 wagering suggestions FWIW (not much to date.)

Year to Date - 3-3. This is no fine. I doubled down on Florida covering the spread and the game going over. Bad move to diss Whit and his boa constrictor (thanks Canzano for the reference) defense. I suffered one bad beat. The Kentucky-Ball State Over came up a half a point short with 3 missed extra point tries in the game. That's the way the bank account crumbles.

Onward and hopefully, upward.

Sweet Home Alabama, where the skies are blue, Sweet Home Alabama, I'm placing green you, yes I am now. (Fortunately, no Ducks fan was forced to hear me sing along with Lennie Skynard.)

Is Texas back? I'm not sure that the Horns have any place to return from. Bama's QB problems? Right, Saint Nick?

All starting QB Jalen Milroe did in a 56-7 win that sent Middle Tennessee Back to the Basement Tennessee was to establish an Alabama record with 3 TD passes and 2 TDs on the ground. And the Bama D under new/old DC, Kevin Steele, looked far better coached than last season's Tide Swiss cheese D. OK, The Tide swallowed a cupcake but it was an impressive downing of a snack before Sark visits Tuscaloosa. 

I'm doubling down with Bama. The Tide covers the -6.5 and the game goes Under 55.5 as the Tide D dominates Heisman Trophy hopeful (?) QB Quinn Ewers.

Staying in Dixie, I am tripling down on OREGON. I'm taking the Under 500 for Puddles push-ups. I'm taking the Ducks to cover the -6.5 spread and the game to go Over 67. (Please Ducks, don't get stuck on Mr. FishDuck's birthday.)

And my Dixie trifecta, Texas A+M covers the -3 against the Miami Mari(o)s. It was against New Mexico but the Bobby Petrino OC experiment seems to be working with A+M QB Connor Weiman throwing 5 TD passes. And all of those great D recruits seem to have gelled.

One more where I may be too emboldened by last week's outing but I see the CU vs. Nebraska game in Boulder going Over 57.5.

Summary - Bama covers the -6.5 and the game goes Under 55.5.

OREGON covers the -6.5 and the game goes Over 67. (I tried but I could not find a place to bet the Puddles push-ups prop.) 

A+M covers the -3 in Miami.

Ralphie, Prime and Sons, and Travis Hunter keep the Neon lights shining in Boulder. Over 57.5. 

Never bet more than you can afford and take all of the above recommendations with a B1G dose of salt. 

Puzzling line of the Week - Cal (Cal!) -5.5 vs. Auburn! Will Willcox Freeze the Plainsmen? 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2023 at 10:47 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Puzzling line of the Week - Cal (Cal!) -5.5 vs. Auburn! Will Willcox Freeze the Plainsmen? 

Cal good against the run. Auburn will struggle.

• Let’s hope! 1

If Cal beats Auburn, THEY will be in the top 25 next week.

• Let’s hope! 1

On 9/5/2023 at 3:02 PM, Jon Sousa said:

If Cal beats Auburn, THEY will be in the top 25 next week.

6 Pac-12 teams ranked in Week 2, so why not go for 7? UCLA is ranked 27.

• Like 1

More Neon Deion. The cheapest ticket on the secondary market for the CU vs. Nebraska game (10 AM kickoff Mountain time) is going for $400.00. 

Last season, CU averaged 17,000 for home games.

Get those Mimosas and Bloody Marys ready. 

• Wow 1

For Grins. The Pac-12 plays 7 games against P5 opponents on Saturday: Auburn at Cal; Arizona at Mississippi State; Utah at Baylor; Nebraska at CU; OK ST at ASU; Wisconsin at Wazzu; and OREGON at Texas Tech.

How many of these games will the Pac-12 win? The answer is, 4? Cal, Utah, CU, OREGON. I think that AZ and Wazzu take the loss but cover the spread. 

FANSIDED.COM

Two teams that had very different Week 1's meet in a massive non conference matchup in Lubbock, Texas. Texas Tech was stunned on the road against Wyoming as tw

Oregon vs Texas Tech - Preview & Prediction (Late Kick Cut)

Pac-12 Betting guide: Spread and moneyline picks for Week 2 of Pac-12 football

Week 2 is nearly upon us, and so is another slate of games to bet on. Week 1 was an exciting one, with Colorado upsetting TCU, which has set the college football world on fire.

The other exciting part of Week 1 was that my picks went 6-1.

I’m just kidding of course. My picks were pretty conservative and most games had lopsided lines going in. Still, it was fun for me to watch.

With fewer games being played between Pac-12 teams and FCS teams this week, there are more games to bet on for Week 2. All of the odds are from FanDuel, but make sure to look for the best odds you can find for your picks.

As I said before, I am nowhere close to being a betting expert, so take my picks with a grain of salt.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Are you looking to make some bets on Week 2 of college football? We’ve got you covered on the action.

On 9/7/2023 at 12:17 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Pac-12 Betting guide: Spread and moneyline picks for Week 2 of Pac-12 football

Week 2 is nearly upon us, and so is another slate of games to bet on. Week 1 was an exciting one, with Colorado upsetting TCU, which has set the college football world on fire.

The other exciting part of Week 1 was that my picks went 6-1.

I’m just kidding of course. My picks were pretty conservative and most games had lopsided lines going in. Still, it was fun for me to watch.

With fewer games being played between Pac-12 teams and FCS teams this week, there are more games to bet on for Week 2. All of the odds are from FanDuel, but make sure to look for the best odds you can find for your picks.

As I said before, I am nowhere close to being a betting expert, so take my picks with a grain of salt.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Are you looking to make some bets on Week 2 of college football? We’ve got you covered on the action.

ASU covers +3.5. I don't see it. BTW, it is not chilly this time of year in Stillwater, OK.

I'd love to see Wazzu win but the Dairy Raid morphed back into the Wisky Run last Saturday and I don't see WSU being able to stop the run. 

Speaking of run games, I do think that Cal has a run game that will allow the Golden Bears to cover the +6.5. 

I agree CU covers. How about this! CU/Nebraska tickets are going for more $ than Bama/TX tickets! I guess 10 a.m. in Boulder is Prime Time!

On 9/6/2023 at 10:00 AM, Jon Joseph said:

More Neon Deion. The cheapest ticket on the secondary market for the CU vs. Nebraska game (10 AM kickoff Mountain time) is going for $400.00. 

Colorado's sudden success could also be the cause of their equally sudden fall.  There must be more than a few programs out there salivating at the prospect of hiring Deion to come and "save" their program.  With the Transfer Portal there would be little to prevent him and his son from "trading up".  Lucky for Norville (Sanders' alma mater) FSU probably isn't one of them.  At least not yet.

On 9/8/2023 at 8:50 AM, Mic said:

Colorado's sudden success could also be the cause of their equally sudden fall.  There must be more than a few programs out there salivating at the prospect of hiring Deion to come and "save" their program.  With the Transfer Portal there would be little to prevent him and his son from "trading up".  Lucky for Norville (Sanders' alma mater) FSU probably isn't one of them.  At least not yet.

With the $ and the publicity he is bringing in for CU, I expect Deion will get a pay bump at year's end. Especially if CU goes bowling which is doable if the Buffs defeat old Big 8 foe Nebraska on Saturday.

I think both Deion and his 2 sons will be in Boulder for at least one more season. He has indicated that he has no interest in coaching in the NFL. With his blood cancer issues does he want the SEC pressure cooker scene? He has a great place to recruit. Boulder is beautiful and the campus is beautiful. An AAU member school that relaxed transfer credit acceptability for Sanders. The fruit of this decision is showing on the field of play. 

Norvell? He has it cooking at FSU at a time when it looks like Clemson may be on the decline. He'll probably end up in the SEC only because FSU is a logical choice for SEC expansion. FSU has big boosters. Consider what it cost to get rid of Slick. The boosters will open the wallet for a coach on the verge of returning FSU to the halcyon days of Bobby Bowden and the teams Deion played on.

• Cool 1

On 9/8/2023 at 7:20 AM, Jon Joseph said:

With the $ and the publicity he is bringing in for CU, I expect Deion will get a pay bump at year's end. Especially if CU goes bowling which is doable if the Buffs defeat old Big 8 foe Nebraska on Saturday.

If I were betting I'd bet CU embarrasses Nebraska.  And the legend grows. Not that I'm hoping for that, 'cause I'm not.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:39 AM, Mic said:

If I were betting I'd bet CU embarrasses Nebraska.  And the legend grows. Not that I'm hoping for that, 'cause I'm not.

I'm hopeful this happens. I have the Over 57.5.

On 9/8/2023 at 8:07 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I'm hopeful this happens. I have the Over 57.5.

Probably a good bet.  Imagine the media frenzy afterwards - if this happens.  CU will be sucking all the oxygen out of the room again, with only Texas-Alabama getting more attention, maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tickets on the secondary market are selling for more in Boulder than in Tuscaloosa. Take that Saint Nick!

• Wow 1

Deion Sanders reminds me somewhat of a carnival barker.  However, so far, one must admit he's got his team living up to all the hype.  So far. Oh, the media do luv their darlings!

You can talk the talk if you walk the walk. So far, Deion has done so in his college and NFL playing days and as a head coach.

One of the greatest sports achievements I have witnessed was Deion hitting a home run on Saturday for the Braves and scoring on a pick on Sunday for the Cowboys. 

The man won 2 Super Bowls and played in a World Series. 

To me, Brent Yormack is a carnival barker. Deion delivers. 

CFB Week 2 Oregon vs. Texas Tech odds, game props, and top sports betting promo code bonuses

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Oregon hits the road in Week 2 to face Texas Tech, and we've identified the two best bets for the game, along with $3,615 in...