FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Remind Nation: Don’t Believe Colorado Hype

After Saturday’s football clinic in Eugene, it would be easy to take potshots at Colorado and mercilessly crow over the Buffs’ 42-6 loss at the hands of the No. 9 Oregon Ducks. The final score speaks for itself. Of course, the most succinct and well-phrased game description came from Colorado head coach Deion “Prime Time” Sanders in his postgame interview: ...

FISHDUCK.COM

After Saturday's football clinic in Eugene, it would be easy to take potshots at Colorado and mercilessly crow over the Buffs' 42-6 loss at the hands of the No.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Be sure to read the Pinned Post at the top about our new policy concerning Coach Sanders and Colorado before commenting...

Mr. FishDuck

Prior to the game, I had posted on the talkin Dawgs site that I expected Oregon to expose the deficiencies in Colorado's O-line and we know that this is exactly what happened. I didn't hear Friday's Dawgnation Daily podcast. The host there always previews big games for the weekend and makes predictions. This guy is known for a couple major misses every week and often picks against Pac-12 teams. But, much to my surprise, he said pretty much exactly what I had said about the game and I am reasonably certain he had not seen my post. 

Now the guy likes Lanning and his analysis was that coach DL was putting a pretty fair team on the field on both sides of the ball, whereas Colorado's team was suspect on both sides. He thus suspected that the game could be ugly.  Of course, it was pretty ugly for Buffs fans. It is going to be interesting if the Buffs fare much better at home against USC, I am again predicting a loss, but given the way the Trojans struggled on the road against a mediocre Arizona State team, this game could turn out to be closer than most people expect.

I can't really see this happening but my good Ducks buddy stopped by the house today and educated me about the Ducks' history of upsets at the hands of Stanford. OK, I get it, but lose to a team that was spanked

at home recently by Sacramento State. 

• Thumbs Up 2

What a game! What an atmosphere! The Navy Leapfrogs parachuting into the stadium with the game balls, the Duck losing his head! Every moment felt electric even before kickoff.

The stadium being striped out was awesome (don't know if I can get used to it though) Ducks fans were hyped! Easily the best game atmosphere I've ever been to. I know every fanbase says their live experience is better than watching on tv, but the Autzen experience is hard to beat. 

I left my heart in Oregon after the 1st quarter always gets the home crowd pumped, the Duck doing his thing like no other mascot in sports. And to top it all off Shout at the end of the 3rd quarter just blows the energy through the roof. The Ducks winning in such dominant fashion was almost a foregone conclusion. 

Edited by Gizmoduck
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

The season has played out pretty much as expected to this point. The drubbing of 3 weaker opponents and a tight game in Lubbock ( didn't have to be but for a mile and a half of penatlies).

What I didn't expect was the defensive performance of the Oregon D in the last game. Honestly, It looked like something Georgia would display v. bottom half of SEC teams.

I started to see it in the Hawaii game. But it was Hawaii so it was hard to read. There were glimpses of what happenend last Saturday the week prior.

Buffs QB had nobody open. The secondary play exceptionally well. Especially Jackson. Jackson went from the guy with the PI's in Lubbock to absolute lockdown. 

The front 7 absolutely destroyed the Colorado front. They were so dominant that the CO qb didn't even have time to check down. It was one read and on his backside seemingly all night long.

Ducks learned how to play with focus, intensity and a nastiness last Saturday. Thats something we haven't seen in a long time. At that level, maybe ever.

Such an important lesson that will be drawn on the remainder of the season. Ducks have a top defense. Maybe they didn't know it prior to Saturday. But they know it today and everything that comes with it.

The offense is what we knew they were. The defense is what we hoped they could become. Play to Saturday standard set and Ducks will get a rematch with the Bulldogs.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5