Steven A

Pac Heisman Hopefuls Ranked

Oregon Quarterback Bo Nix Emerges As Heisman Trophy Candidate, NFL Draft Prospect

So far this year, the Ducks are showing they’re more than just a hype-filled program.

They are 4-0 and ranked ninth in the Associated Press poll following last Saturday’s 42-6 victory over Colorado, a previously undefeated team that had been the talk of college football thanks to flamboyant coach Deion Sanders.

Nix ranks second in Division 1 with a 79.4% completion percentage and 12th with a 180.5 passing efficiency rating. He has thrown for 1,169 yards with 11 touchdowns and one interceptions...

WWW.FORBES.COM

Oregon's Bo Nix is second in Division 1 with a 79.4% completion percentage and 12th with a 180.5 passing efficiency rating...

It’s easy to see that if one of the four top pack QBs goes undefeated, which in my mind will be extremely difficult, means that guy has gone thru a tougher schedule than the others and should win the Heisman going away.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I feel like Oregons balanced offense is hurting Nix so far... he isn't asked to throw it as much because Oregon has a good run game so he doesn't put up the same stats. 

On 9/27/2023 at 5:05 PM, David Marsh said:

he isn't asked to throw it as much because Oregon has a good run game so he doesn't put up the same stats.

💯

If everyone stays healthy, we’re going to see head-to-head matchups btwn all of these QBs.

I think those performances will go a long way in influencing Heisman voters.

Williams, Ward, and Penix are surely going to attempt to put up bigger numbers, but Nix _should_ perform better for the wins.

Also, the Duck D _should_ make them all look bad.

Shedeur was in the Heisman running, but no one watching him last weekend would say he was the best player on the field, let alone the country. 

I can’t wait!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/27/2023 at 5:05 PM, David Marsh said:

I feel like Oregons balanced offense is hurting Nix so far... he isn't asked to throw it as much because Oregon has a good run game so he doesn't put up the same stats. 

I think Lanning and Stein will set up Bo for 300 plus yards against the Fuskies. Add 200 yards rushing and BOOM!! Plus at least 1 turnover for a TD.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

On 9/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I think Lanning and Stein will set up Bo for 300 plus yards against the Fuskies

Great point!!

We know from last week that DL gets the importance of style points and surprises.

• Thumbs Up 1

If The Ducks beat Washington, USC  and Utah I would say Bo has a good to better chance than anyone to win the Heisman.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bo Nix Heisman Trophy odds skyrocket after win over Colorado Buffs

We knew that the Oregon Ducks were going to have a big opportunity last weekend with a national audience tuning in to their marquee matchup with the Colorado Buffaloes on ABC.

In particular, it was QB Bo Nix who could do the most with the opportunity, putting on a good performance in order to move up in the Heisman Trophy race.

That’s just what Nix did, throwing for 276 yards with 4 total TDs in a 42-6 win in front of an audience of 10.03 million viewers. Unsurprisingly, Nix’s Heisman odds seemed to have jumped drastically.

While we have four weeks behind us, and another 8 to go, it feels like a good time to take a look at the latest Heisman odds as we get deeper into conference play across the nation.

Here are the latest numbers, per FanDuel.

Oregon QB Bo Nix | +1000

Previous Odds: +2200

Week 4 Stats: 28-for-33, 276 yards, 3 TD

2023 Stats: 104-for-131, 1,169 yards, 11 TD, 1 INT

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Bo Nix had a big stage, and he took advantage of it. The Oregon QB’s Heisman odds have improved dramatically following the Ducks’ win over Colorado.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1