Sunshine Larry

Anthony Fast Horse Commits To Ducks

Is there a more appropriate name for a sprinter?

WWW.MILESPLIT.COM

The standout Californian Anthony Fast Horse made his verbal commitment to become...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Anthony has some serious hair. 

I thought I had long hair when I was in high school. It was about 6 inches past shoulder length. I would never have been close to him on the track, or hair length. 

It will be fun to watch him compete. 

Welcome to Track Town USA. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here's a tip for Anthony.  

Back in my HS days it was fashionable for us to have long hair - the "original" long-hair generation.  Once on a road trip to McMinnville for a swim meet our swimming coach took 5 of us up to the meet in a beautiful Buick convertible.  On the way to the meet he asked us to conduct this experiment: he had 2 - 14" long wooden dowel rods, one with a bare round ball at the end, the other exactly like it but with a bunch of long streamers attached to the ball at the end.

We were each told to hold first the bare-ball dowel rod in the wind as he drove up old 99 at about 35 mph and then the other.  We all tried it, twice.  That was all we needed from coach to understand why swimmers don't need to be wearing their hair 4" below the collar.  

If Anthony were to conduct this same experiment he too would learn why a short-distance sprinter like himself needs to change his hair style.  This is no knock on Anthony Fast Horse, and Good Gosh Bless him for choosing the Ducks as his college and track program.  I expect he probably already knows this - certainly his coaches do.  He's a great photo-op with that 'do, but that much hair could be the difference between a possible World Record and finishing 8th or last.  

Welcome to Oregon Anthony Fast Horse!  May you have a great career here and meet or exceed all your hope and expectations.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

The young man's name is right up there with Sonny Sixkiller.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I think he’s a football player, too!