anyotherduck

Pac-12 Mum on 3 Late Hits to Oregon Players

Is CFB a game of momentum or not? If it is then bad calls by refs can certainly affect the outcome of games. If not...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Each of the hits were noted by announcers during the game telecasts, including in last week’s game against Washington, but the conference has declined to comment publicly.

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles

On 10/20/2023 at 10:03 AM, anyotherduck said:

Is CFB a game of momentum or not? If it is then bad calls by refs can certainly affect the outcome of games. If not...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Each of the hits were noted by announcers during the game telecasts, including in last week’s game against Washington, but the conference has declined to comment publicly.

Pretty much have to call bs on the helmet to helmet involving Bo last week... Bo was obviously down when the the defender came in well after he was down... leading with the helmet! 

That has been one of the main points that has been emphasized for several years.

Can't wait for a (hopeful) upgrade in the B1G, but that would require their newly acquired PAC 12 contingent being sent for remedial education, would it not?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Officiating has an impact on the outcome of games. Phantom calls or non calls should never dictate outcome but they often do. We live with it and move on. To argue officiating often gets you laughed out of the conversation.

That said, the late hit should have been 15 yards and a first down. Instead Oregon settled for a fg. Took 4 points off the board. There was a non call on a PI that took points off board.

You can argue that the Ducks should have never allowed the refs to dictate a W or L. But it was a game that came down to seconds and inches v. one of the best teams in the country in a very hostile environment.

They even tried to call Franklins obvious first down catch on that last drive incomplete. But replay wouldn't let it happen.

IMO, the refereeing played a role in the outcome. This is the only comment I will make on this subject because its a hopeless argument. The Pac 12 refs are complete garbage and everyone knows it. Good riddance.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

MUM? Moron refs. mean U should Move to the Midwest.

MUMM's the word. I think I'll open a bottle of bubbly.

Lanning doesn't seem much concerned that the refs aren't trying to do a good job.  A lot of us might feel differently but I'll defer to Coach's feelings on this.  Maybe he doesn't want to stir things up with the Officiating committee or maybe he feels the point has been made.  I'd really hate to think the officials were not protecting the players for whatever reason. Otherwise, why have them in the game?

I guess these non calls bug me because how in the world can the refs miss calls when the player hit is the one with the ball which is what most of the refs are watching. 

It is common that they miss the ones off the ball but on the ball is Bull Poop.

• Thumbs Up 1