FishDuck Article

Keys to the WSU Game That FishDuck is Watching For…

The Cougars of Washington State have a good team that has beaten both Wisconsin and Oregon State, but as a season progresses–teams figure out weaknesses from prior games, thus WSU has some exposed deficiencies that Oregon will attack. In fact I am quite confident that the Beavers, if they knew now what they did not know going into their contest ...

FISHDUCK.COM

The Cougars of Washington State have a good team that has beaten both Wisconsin and Oregon State, but as a season progresses–teams figure...
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks for the article and your keys to watch for against the wounded cougars.......

My keys are pretty basic:

Long drives, ball control and take care of the football on offense. WSU's time of possession is just a little over 28 minutes(opponents over 31 minutes) As you pointed out UCLA and Arizona ran alot of plays. Looking for the Ducks to run 80 plus plays and control the ball for 38 plus minutes.

Score 45 plus points. I dont care if that includes 5 field goals. Just score more points than the Cougars. Score everytime you have the ball.

When the Cougs have the ball they will find a Duck Defense that has filled its 2022 deficiences with experienced, skilled players. The D has depth and will wear down the Ward and his line.

The 2023 unit plays fierce, fast and mean.  Last week the D hit Penix hard and often. He played hurt. Ward is more mobile and quicker so i agree that the Duck front 4 must pressure him and contain him...

Last year, sadly, the Duck D couldnt cover a floating feather over the middle. If the Duck D, on 3rd down schemed to cover the middle, well opposing QB's went deep. 

3rd down conversions were easy in 2022, not the case in 2023. Ward should have a tough day and i expect the Duck D to bring him down 3 or 4 times today.

As a Duck Fan, who has been walking along the emotional edge for a week now, need this game to kick off soon. Very soon......

A good 59-17 drubbing of the Cougs won't erase back to back &@#$%ing losses to the &@#$%ing huskies.

However, it will be the first step toward a rematch......

Go Ducks.........

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Great article about teams weaknesses becoming exposed as the season progresses. Last week our tendencies were taken advantage of and this week we will see the continual adjustments occur.

Wonderful article about that process, and hopefully Oregon will continue to show toughness, execution and growth. The goal this team had at the start of the season is still ahead of them. It will take Lanning's continual growth mantra to coming true to make that happen.

I am looking for dominance and another chance for our backup qbs to develop. Also still looking for some stats to be put up there for Jurrion, or just a pancake block by the guy. These type of games are where we also need to see next years guys start to sparkle.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1