Steven A

Wilner Calls Out Riley, and Rightfully So.

"... let’s address his management of the USC program and role as the leader and molder of young men.

Following the gut-punch loss to Utah, Riley declined to make any of his players available to the media for post-game interviews.

That would be just fine if the Trojans also were not available for postgame interviews after victories. But, well, they are available after victories.

In our view, Riley is doing his own players a disservice by creating two sets of rules: Talk to the media after wins but not after a difficult loss.

That sends the wrong message. Learning to deal with the media when times are tough is more valuable than dealing with the media when times are good. The former builds character and teaches accountability. The latter lights the path to the easy way out."

It's not called the "University of Spoiled Children" for nothing.

Hey parents, is this what you want your children learning? 

• Thumbs Up 3

Best advice in dealing with adversity? Face the music in good times and bad. But, thats not what we do in today's society right? Everyone is coddled, everyone receives a trophy....even last place. Just show up and you're a winner. Should we be surprised when adversity rears up and the leaders coddle them? Where will the leaders come from then?

Bo's interview after the tough loss in Seattle, showed his character better than any other interview I've seen.  It showed how mature he was and that he realized that there is more to life than football.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Growing up in SoCal and being an SC fan in the Charles White, Pat Hayden, Marcus Allen, etc, era, seems SC has become Entitled U.  Maybe for those who listen to Dan Patrick, the real life version Crapensburg State. 

I was actually starting to get concerned the Ducks were starting to follow suit til Lanning showed up.  I'm really excited to see the discipline and work ethic he's instilled in this team!!  Ducks have avoided similar plays to the dumbass play of SCs Bear Alexander grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory this year.  

Keep it up Lincoln!  SC will become the west coast version Nebraska to the Big 10.  Though I think Nebraska will figure it out way quicker now with Ruhl than Lincoln!

With that being said, I sure hope the Ducks saw the "never say die" mentality Utah played with and won't take them lightly.  SLC is such a tough place to play!