jrw

Here's My Prediction for the Future of USC

Sometime soon, when it's clear that without Caleb Williams, USC cannot win much in the BIG or recruit anyone to LA, the AD will either have a late-night tarmac meeting with Lincoln Riley, or Riley will fail upward to the NFL.

Then? USC will make the natural USC move: they'll hire Deion Sanders. Who cares about the buyout? What's money to USC? It would be a match made in heaven and the perfect fit, a triumph of the attention economy. Think of the clicks!

fyi: I'm only half-kidding.

• Haha 3

Hiring Sanders does feel like potentially the perfect match. 

Though I think he is probably drawn more towards a return to the state of Florida at some point. 

And to be honest... I'm not sure how much longer after his son's graduate that Sanders will stay in coaching. He really does strike as someone who likes coaching because it brings him closer to his sons. 

Also... I do feel like Riley will bail for the NFL before we get to the point where USC feels the need to fire him. 

Other thing I've been hearing is... Will Caleb Williams finish out the season or sit out to preserve himself for the NFL draft. I think that's wild... But that would bring USC crashing down real fast. 

• Thumbs Up 1

They lose November 11th, badly, all I care about.

I do take great joy in the troubles down south, but that is just what was predicted when the guy who bought a house with 12 bathrooms came to town. This way the program can ......  themselves 12 straight games at some point.