FishDuck Article

Watch for the Y-Pop RPO in the Oregon Ducks Offense

As we’ve seen so far this season, the Oregon Ducks offense under Coach Will Stein is a continuation of last season’s attack. The one difference is that Coach Stein uses RPOs to a greater degree. With that in mind, there is a specific RPO that I believe would make the offense even more lethal than it already is. So instead ...

FISHDUCK.COM

As we've seen so far this season, the Oregon Ducks offense under Coach Will Stein is a continuation of last season's attack. The one...
  • Great post! 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks for your article today, and thanks for finding video that shows your analysis so clearly!

Saving plays for later in the season when future opponents think they have your tendencies they can take advantage of is great planning.  Might we see this play when we go to Utah Saturday.  Hopefully this play and several more up Coach Stein's sleeve!

Thanks again Coach Eric!

As the answer to Oregon's offense becomes apparent, this just sets up a play to take advantage of that tendency.

Great stuff to actually be aware of both the tendency of the defense and designing a play perfectly made to take advantage of it.

When the LB's key on our RB's their job of covering the TE creates opportunities. 

I love when we use our TE's and we have a couple great ones who can block, catch and run. Time to take advantage of their catch and run abilities a bit more!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Coach for taking the time to create and share this article.

I hope we see a little more of the Y-Pop RPO against the Utes. Punishing a LB who vacates his duty of covering the TE will help keep the Utes honest, get a first down or 2 and maybe points.

Bo is experienced and capable of making the right decisions in the RPO sets.

Utah, just like our Ducks, has tendencies, too! On both sides of the ball.....take advantage coach.....

No matter what the line is on this next big game (believe Ducks are a slight favorite) IMHO, its a toss up.

Could go either way.

The talent advantage goes to the Ducks, head coaching and home field advantage to Utah

Just a few plays will decide the outcome of this game. Maybe the

Y-Pop RPO will be one of them.

Go Ducks.........

• Thanks 1

I love this play, and hope we will see it on a crucial third down situation in a big game.  And that could be this weekend...  Thanks Coach!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck