David Marsh

USC's Hilarious Scheduling Backfire

So early on this season there was a lot of discussion about USC's schedule. They played in week 0 and we're able to get a second bye week in the season. That bye week in the final week of the season. 

USC did their part to design their season this way so that they could rest up before the conference title game. 

I know it annoyed many of our fellow forum members that they were allowed to build their schedule this way. 

Now it is one of the most hilarious misfires of their scheduling. This team is on the verge of collapse. UCLA isn't a great team and I'd say USC is probably favored to win but an angry UCLA team looking to bounce back could be a dangerous game. 

This USC team could just completely collapse down the stretch here, especially if their team is sitting around that last week of the year with many going home for thanksgiving and not having to prep for a game.

What might have been an advantage might turn into a culture building nightmare for the Trojans and it's delightful. 

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

SUC fans have already lost interest in this season. Now they are convinced that they're just one DC hire away from being next year's Delusion Bowl Champions!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 2:51 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

SUC fans have already lost interest in this season. Now they are convinced that they're just one DC hire away from being next year's Delusion Bowl Champions!

Wish I could find the article... But Oklahoma's defensive players were feeling so validated and valued with the coaching change to Venables.

You know because he actually cares about that side of the ball and gives it some of his personal attention. 

I know Lanning spends time in each position meeting. I don't get the sense that Riley does. 

• Like 1