Steven A

Another Parting Shot by the No One Wants Us Pac-12, five WBB Teams in AP Top 10.

I guess some records won't be broken after this year.

A record number of Football teams ranked at one time, and now this for women's BBall.

WWW.MSN.COM

On 11/13/2023 at 2:17 PM, Steven A said:

I guess some records won't be broken after this year.

A record number of Football teams ranked at one time, and now this for women's BBall.

WWW.MSN.COM

Real shame our Ducks aren't a part of that, pretty big decline from the Sabrina years, have to think Graves seat gets a little toasty if he keeps losing players to the portal and not replacing them with upgrades.  Paopao was pretty big loss considering she's now the starting PG for the best team in the nation, this isn't to mention the other former 5 star recruits who got better when they left for better teams. 

On 11/13/2023 at 2:36 PM, spartan2785 said:

Real shame our Ducks aren't a part of that, pretty big decline from the Sabrina years, have to think Graves seat gets a little toasty if he keeps losing players to the portal and not replacing them with upgrades.  Paopao was pretty big loss considering she's now the starting PG for the best team in the nation, this isn't to mention the other former 5 star recruits who got better when they left for better teams.

Paopao and Rogers both averaging about 14 points and 7 assists per game.  Prince has three double doubles so far.  We could definitely use them this year.

Former assistant coach (and top recruiter) Mark Campbell is 3-0 so far at TCU. He turned around the Sacramento State team winning 11 more games than the previous year each of his two years as HC there.  Was Campbell (who recruited Sabrina) a bigger reason than Graves for the Ducks' success?  All those 5 star recruits left after he left and as spartan said have been very successful at very good teams (tOSU, Notre Dame, Indiana, UCLA, Nebraska, Kentucky).

I would think someone needs to take a hard look at the direction Graves' program is going.

It is very unfortunate that transfer point guard Peyton Scott is injured and out for the season.  Really tough luck for her and for the team.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/13/2023 at 3:04 PM, Cacker Guy said:

It is very unfortunate that transfer point guard Peyton Scott is injured and out for the season.  Really tough luck for her and for the team.

I will say that both basketball teams have been snake bit with injuries the past few years. 

I think Campbell is a big part of the reason why we've began a decent into mediocrity, I also wonder how players have taken in Graves' coaching style.  Personally I've never really liked his demeanor on the court.  Just seems like he doesn't really push them to be better.  I've never seen him really get into a player for their mistakes or take the team to task when they're committing errors.  

I'm not saying I want someone who acts like a maniac or is constantly yelling at his players, but there is a time for holding players accountable and getting into them to be great, become as perfect as they can.  I really wonder if some of these players are transferring because they don't feel like they're being pushed.  

I'm hopeful this year Gray and Van Slooten can push this team back into a tourney team and take some Ws against these top ten teams.  It's just sad to see so many programs pass us by, and it makes me wonder if a change is upcoming.

• Applause 1

Perfect year to make the change if needed.

On 11/13/2023 at 3:13 PM, spartan2785 said:

I also wonder how players have taken in Graves' coaching style.

I wonder too.  Maybe he doesn't push them -- or maybe he doesn't appreciate them.  I have no idea.  It is a big red flag that so many talented players left.  They clearly were not happy or satisfied.  I've always wondered why.  I think you may be right that they think they could achieve greater things individually and/or as a team somewhere else.

On 11/13/2023 at 3:04 PM, Cacker Guy said:

would think someone needs to take a hard look at the direction Graves' program is going.

I have never been a Graves fan, even during the Ionescu years.

Graves is a problem, and it was Campbell who was the glue during Graves’ championship tenure.

Campbell is married to the daughter of one of Oregon’s greatest girls’ HS bball coaches EVER, Oregon City’s Brad Smith.

I played with her and for her dad on state select teams, and they were amazing!!

Can we pleeeeeeease bring Campbell back to replace Graves? OBD would be in the Final four in 2 yrs.

• Great post! 1