HDuck

Beavs Underdog First Time This Season

An interesting season in Oregon - OSU history.

The Beavs will be the underdog from a betting odds standpoint for the first time this season.  They are 8-3, and 7-4 vs "the spread."

The Ducks were an underdog in Seattle.  They are 10-1, and 8-2-1 vs "the spread."

Wonder how long it has been, if ever, that Ducks and Beavs were favored 21 of 22 games entering the Civil War?

• Wow 1

Seriously?  Wow, I can't think of another season in the last ___ that OSU would be able to say that. Makes me wonder what the odds would be if this game were in Corvallis instead.

Well they just lost a key cog in their OL.   Their starting left guard is lost for the season with an injury.  No details on what sort of injury.

Never like to hear this, rival or not.

Aside from this, I preface this with I am not a bettor nor do I fully understand how all that works in Vegas.   What I do know is Vegas has been pretty accurate this year and while lines move a bit as the game gets closer (and this one may) I sure hope Vegas is 100% accurate this time.😉

They certainly ended up under the dawgs.

I have a feeling they will stay under the Ducks as well. We will fowl it all up for the hopeful little rodents!

Some more of this!

mota.0.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Hope Bucky gets a Jeremiah Johnson-esque, "NOOO000ooo... Get Him!!", moment, on Friday!

Edited by woundedknees

As long as we have been debating Canzano in another thread, just wondering if it's okay to rain on Nick Daschel the Beav beat writer at the O? ( I never said I was noble 😉)

He must be in total meltdown mode reading that the Beavs are underdogs.  He would expect the Beavs to be favored heavily against Alabama and Georgia.  Oh and he clearly hates the DUCKS big time.

Since Oregon is going to win this game - my life may depend on it - I am curious as to what would constitute a "moral victory" for the Beavers?

Well, since Oregon is the ONLY team in the FBS with at least 30 points scored in every game this year, holding Bo & Co. to < 30 might be one.

And since Oregon is in 2nd place nationally with just T.O.'s forcing a T.O. might be one.

And since Oregon is averaging just 16.1 points allowed per game, if the Beavs score 17 or more, that might be one.

And since Odds Shark has the Ducks favored by -14 scoring even 15 points might be one.

And since Oregon leads the nation in scoring margin of 29.8 points, losing by 'only' 28 points to the Ducks might be one.

And since Oregon leads the nation in fewest sacks allowed, getting a couple sacks might be one.

And since Oregon leads the nation in the number of 1st-downs per game at 27, allowing O only 26 might be one.

And since Oregon leads the Pac-12 with fewest passing yards allowed of 214 per game, passing for 215 might be one.

But since Oregon is going to rout the Beavers, none of the above stats matter except the final score.  45-24 Oregon.  Ducks win. Sorry OSU.

There’s always this gem. 

My personal favorite play against Oregon State was Keenan Howry’s punt return for a TD.

If I recall correctly, the rain started to come down even harder immediately after this TD to the cheers of the Oregon fans. It was like we were getting a little assist from someone up above.  

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Applause 2

On 11/20/2023 at 11:58 AM, Haywarduck said:

mota.0.gif

I love those uniforms and wish we were wearing just green and yellow for this Civil War.